Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 6 and 64 Bit to Download

Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Adobe Captivate 6 and got an error message that I needed 64 bit to activate.  My download capability is 32 bit.  What do I do?  Thanks

Sacredfox

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't seem to have a limitation for Captivate 6 for 64-bit only.  What specific error message are you receiving?  You can find the system requirements at http://www.adobe.com/products/captivate/tech-specs.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you downloaded the 64bit install file instead of the 32bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the technical specifications it does not appear that Captivate currently offers a 64-bit version.  This would make sense as what Captivate is utilized for would not neccesarily benefit from a 64-bit version.  You can find more details regarding 64-bit versions and the benefits it provides at 64-bit OS and Adobe applications - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-os-applications.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beg to differ, but there IS indeed a 64bit version of Captivate 6.  I've just installed mine (as well as the 32 bit version of Cp6) from the Elearning Suite 6.0.

So, when you download your version of Captivate 6, make sure you choose the correct 32 or 64bit version to install:

Captivate6_Trial64bit.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting RodWard thank you for this information.  It does appear you have a choice of 64-bit or 32-bit for the Windows OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and tried to download the subscription version of Captivate6 on my pc after successfully using the 64 bit trial version. I received an error message that my installation failed as "this product can only be installed on a 64-bit system".

The installation page is poorly set up -- there are multiple listings for downloads, but they do not specify 64 bit or 32 bit. For the subscription, it does not look like the screen shot provided by RodWard. Very frustrating & time wasting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CateUofR are you trying to download, or can you try downloading from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=captivate.  If you were not downloading from here already can you either describe or provide the URL for where you were downloading from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Here is the URL I was guided to after making payment: https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayDownloads&pagesize=10&nr=0&ordernumber=AD005641763. I had selected the first option, even though they all say “Adobe Captivate 6”, only differentiating between Mac & Windows. I was able to download a 32 bit version after selecting the 2nd choice. I still don’t understand how a 64 bit worked on my pc in a trial version but at least I can work in my project!

CateUofR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update CateUofR it also appears that you ordered a subscription to Captivate 6.  I will keep an eye out to see if other users are facing the same difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines