• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm about to change email addresses with everything Remaining the same, Does that affect my history?

Mentor ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to change email addresses. IF nothing else is changed,Name, address, nickname for adobe and the forums.

Does thi affect history of products I've purchased and my posting history on the forums?

I'm switch from my current ISP to Comcast.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Phillip I would recommend following the process for updating your Adobe ID within Adobe ID FAQ - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/account-password-sign-faq.html#id_11320.

If you continue to experience difficulties with updating your Adobe ID please contact our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6 .  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an older style Adobe ID that is just a name? Or do you have your email address as your Adobe ID?

In either case, only the email address should change, the rest (screen name, history) will stay the same. If you have an old style ID I believe the name you sign in with will stay the same. If you have a newer one, then the sign in name will change to your new email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My email address was set up back before the Macromedia merger. I set up using email address and have a Nick name as you can see I use the nickname. because if I use the email address it switch to the old macromedia Account. Which I have been try to merge or get rid of.

My current email address which I will write so its not recognizable as an email address:

pjones1xxxxxatxxxxxkimbanetxxxxxdotxxxxxcom

I am switching to :

pjonescetxxxxxatxxxxxcomcastxxxxxdotxxxxxnet

Remove all the x's

The name I use is Phillip Jones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums just pick up your name/nickname/email address from your Adobe ID when you sign in. There is no control over any of those things from within the forums. If you are having trouble making the change you will need to go through Customer Service. I don't have access to your personal info at Adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I'l see if I loose 15 years of history so be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went  and just a Blank screen does not pickup current information totally Blank

Last time I did that years ago it went to your account info and you could edit individual Items.

way the screen I went its totally Blank.

Next I just got out this went to adobe.com

and Tried. This time the email address showed. I attempted to change  click saved. received site is down due to mantainence try again another time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay went some how now I am signed in use my old profile. and can't get back to the one I've been using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't get back to my other profile. THis is Macromedia DreamWeaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip, I am very sorry to see your having this terrifying issue.

I really hope that John will see and sort this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to throttle the geniuses  that created this system. I can't even get in to change my email address.

Thatshould have happened year ago was cancel all the dreamweaver account and make the Dreamweaver folks reapply or they should have been combined under the Adobe sign In

I need to switch my email address to comcast other wise when I switch off Kimbanet for good I no longer will be able to go to forums and they will not know I am elible for reduced update rate to Web Premium rate.  @#$% Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip,

I've asked the social media support team to review this thread and see what they can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two accounts. PjonesCET which is  this Macromedia Acount I haven't used in years. It’s the one that should have  been blown up. When Adobe took over Macromedia.

The other is listed under my email address: pjones1 at kimbanet dot com.

I need to change both to email address: pjonescet at comcast dot net.

when I type in the email address  I get a notice:

Adobe ID and password do not match. Verify your information and try again.
Otherwise, try using the email address and password used when you created your Adobe ID.If the problem persists, check the FAQ for help.

When I do that and they send ID used they say its PJONESCET

but it automatically corrects to PjonesCET which is the Macromedia account.

See the problem was I never dreamed Adobe would take over Macromedia and I had same email address and minor differences in username for both. I set up two different psswords to differentiate. (If anything, at the time adobe was having troubles and I would have figured it would be the other way around MacroMedia Taking over Adobe.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6 yet? They're your best recourse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried a few minutes ago and had notice  Too busy haven't gone back just yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go through with online chat.

They sent a reset several times. Nothing.

Supposedly I will an email in 3-4 days and I will have to give serial num of Web Premium and and Acrobat I recently purchased (last Year) so the can figure which account I need access to.

Guess I will be stuck for a week or more or end up creating a new account. I've Adobe Products, but I hate their registration system. (@#$%)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting ready to blast adobe. Looks like someone figured out what to change.

whom ever that did put the PjonesCET in a Grave and Burry it! delete all references to it.

Hurray !!!!!

Well I'm at square one which was better than yesterday.

Now that I have my account back I still can't get into to it  to change email address.

is there away a password reset can be done so I can get into it, to change my email Address.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to do a Password reset. Afraid to do it because with both accounts using same email address I don't know what will happen.  can anyone addvise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip I the document listed in message #11 has directions on how to accomplish a password reset.  If you run into difficulties though you will want to contact our support team as all account related issues need to be handled in a one to one environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff  I went to account listed as PjonesCET

Changed email address to Phillip-Jones at Comcast dot net

Changed Password.

Now I can't get into it to  That and to my Phillip Jones account.

there is something wrong with the sign it.

I am Supposed to be listed a Phillip Jones as above

No matter what is typed in for password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip can you please e-mail me at jwright@adobe.com with your contact details and I will request a member of our support team contact you directly to work through your difficulties.  If you can also include your preferred call back number, preferred time of call back, and time zone it would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Back on. Thanks for everyone putting up with me. Mr Wright put Me in touch a Nice lady at adobe that was able to find the right account to change.  Changed the email address for me and gave me a temp password. I was able to get in change password and and my User Name.

Had a strange problem getting into forums. signing in at top left corner  the page would constantly redirect for 10 minutes befor I gave up. so I went in through Adobeforums webpage. Was able to sign in in seconds.

So I am back and My email has been switched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations, Phillip, back to life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one time I will have to give kudo's to Adobe between Jeff Wright, and the tech that he put me in touch with,They were great.

They were able to go into correct account change email address and give me a Temporary password. I got to put in a new password change my personal ID.

On this matter they were A number 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip I would recommend following the process for updating your Adobe ID within Adobe ID FAQ - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/account-password-sign-faq.html#id_11320.

If you continue to experience difficulties with updating your Adobe ID please contact our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6 .  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Now the question is whether you dare change to tartan in the big picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines