• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 Training for ACE preparation

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find a RoboHelp 9 training class to take as I prepare for certification exam but so far all I've found are three-day courses across the country for over a thousand dollars. There do not seem to be any more affordable options, at least not that I've found the in the Washington DC area. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed - I just need to prepare for this exam. I've been using RH for a year but did not have any formal training (it's all been either self-taught or guidance from a more experienced colleague).

Are there any online courses any of you may know of, or specific test preparation materials that I should consider?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but if you are looking for a class designed just to help you pass the certification exam, I don't believe I've ever seen one. I do offer training on my own if you are interested. I contract with several of the training providers and am able to provide you the same training you would normally get from one of these venues at a lower cost.

Normally with me it's one on one training when you contract directly. If you go to a training center, you are lumped in with as many as 6 to 10 other participants.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds great, but where are you located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, does it matter?

On a serious note, most of what I do on my own is via the internet with a screen sharing session. Essentially, you share your screen and I "look over your shoulder" as you work through examples and learn the product. We converse in real time. Typically using a headset microphone. But you can be on speaker phone if you like.

Contact me privately if you are interested. I'm usually here offering free advice, not really here trolling for work. But since you asked...

rstone75(at)kc(dot)rr(dot)com

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - forgot these things can be done online. I had it in my head that it was an in-person thing. I shall contact you directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, Rick, I've emailed you twice but I'm not sure if the messages reached you. I also tried using your contact form on your website but it gives an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick Stone is definitely one of the best RoboHelp and Captivate trainers I know. He teaches fairly often for us.

I do have to disagree with you, Rickm though that it is doubtful that a RoboHelp student would be lumped in with 6 others, because RoboHelp classes rarely make. Sometimes the other students ask questions that are useful though, and it's nice to have an instructor watching because sometimes they can pick up on things the student is doing and suggest better ways.

We find that online happens a lot more often for RoboHelp though. The primary resouce to study from for certification is the Adobe study guide. I have it as HTML at http://www.ledet.com/certification/adobe/robohelp/prepguide but you can also download the PDF directly from Adobe at http://www.adobe.com/support/certification/exams/pdfs/rh-9-exam-guide.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp