I have PPro CS6 v6.0.1.
It is driving me crazy in how it deals (or not) with .mts files.
Here are some symptoms:
The source files are all from a Sony Handycam (PJ260V).
They are .mts files (1920x1080 59fps w/ 2 ch 256kbps stereo audio).
A few weeks ago, I created some project sequences using some of this footage. All was good.
Now, I go into PP and those very same projects show media offline for all the .mts files.
If I try and relink them to the underlying file, I get an error (this file has an unsupported compression type).
If I try and import other.mts files --- I get the same error.
If I create a new project -- same error.
I ran into this with the new CC 7.2. Oddly enough, the same files worked fine on my personal computer.
I emptied the Media Cache and Media Cache Files folders, recopied the media from the SD card to the hard drive, and then changed the name of the folder those clips were in. That seemed to have done it, though I can't be certain which of those steps, or which combination, were directly responsible as I tried all three at once instead of one at a time.
I just had the same issue (see thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1364941). Now I'm moving forward with a new section of my build and PP is reading 2 completely different files as if they are the same. V7.2 build. AVHCD .mts files. When I open the files directly in with windows media player, VLC or any other player the files on my drive are fine... I've tried importing via media browser, importing directly, deleting completely, blah blah, and each time PP insists on playnig the two files are the same (source & program monitor). Cleaning out the media cache and renaming the folders did not change anything for me - pp is reading the two files as if they are the same file. :-(
Update - Updating from V7.2.0 to v7.2.1 did not solve any issues for me.
The fix for the .mts files going offline is still mysterious to me as in my case it appears PP self corrected. I did select the button under the timeline code to change the timeline type to "read files as separate"....
The fix for PP misreading previously imported and previously correctly read files was to change the following folder names - AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM and then reimporting my files into PP.