Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Introducing: Fit Selection to Artboard v2

Aug 5, 2012 9:19 PM

the first version dealt with only one selected object and only one artboard, in this version, I added options to handle more than one selected object and all artboards (or the active artboard)...plus padding.

fitObjToArtboard1.PNG

fitObjToArtboard2.PNG

questions? comments, let me know...enjoy.

download

http://pastebin.com/3JhfjFhm

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to CarlosCanto

That was my thought too

I saved your script when I saw your message but haven't tried yet and I'm sure I will use it when I need this.

Your contribution is greatly appreciated please keep it up

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 3:12 AM   in reply to CarlosCanto

And from Me , One more Time, Thanks , it's Great

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to CarlosCanto

Trying to use this on an EAN13 barcode generated in vector format from the free  http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/generator/... the artboard is smaller than the barcode.  After running the script the barcode is definitely not a scaled down version to fit on the artboard.  It does look like it was scaled proportionately, but the thickness of the barcode lines are much different.  I do have 'scale strokes and effects' turned on.  =[

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to CarlosCanto

Hi Carlos,

Your script is fantastic just what I'm needing,  can I ask something else though,   I've got 1 image scaled over multiple artboards,  how would I be able to scale this over them all, instead of the same image in each artboard, if that makes sense.

Thanks, your work is great   

Jamie.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 8:36 PM   in reply to CarlosCanto

This is just excellect work. Thank you so much. Is it possible to maintain the aspect of the contents, instead of stretching it? Is it too complicated to add to this script?

|
    Mark as: