Skip navigation
yzponyhead
Currently Being Moderated

cannot install adobe Premiere elements 9 disc

Jan 9, 2012 3:10 PM

I bought adobe photoshop elments 9 & adobe Premiere elements 9 sotftware from a store.

I have windows 7 on my computer.

I have installed disc 1 (adobe photoshop elements 9).  My computer said it installed sucessfully.

I went to install disc 2 (adobe premiere elements 9) & computer said 'Adobe Premiere elements 9 is not installed on the system or has corrupted. Please install adobe premiere 9 & retry'.

I also disable my antivirus software before I installed disc 1 and when I tried to install disc 2.

How can I install disc 2 ??

yzponyhead.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2012 4:11 PM   in reply to yzponyhead

Did you just purchased Photoshop and Premiere Elements 9?  The current version of both products in 10.

I would recommend trying to copy the contents of your disc 2 to your desktop and seeing if you receive any disc errors.  This will help tell you if the disc is damaged.  If you do receive an error I would also try copying the files to a second computer to help determine if it is a failure of the optical drive or the installation media.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2012 4:56 PM   in reply to yzponyhead

I am sorry yzponyhead I don't completely understand your post.  What are you opening?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2012 5:01 PM   in reply to yzponyhead

If you copied the files to your desktop you can try to run the Premiere installer from your desktop.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2012 10:08 AM   in reply to yzponyhead

Did you receive any error messages while installing the software? I would recommend running the Adobe Support Advisor to see if it detects any errors.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2012 2:37 PM   in reply to yzponyhead

You receive that error message when you launch setup.exe from disc 2?  Or are you receiving the error message when you try to open Premiere Elements?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2012 3:55 PM   in reply to yzponyhead

If you go to Start>Control Panels>Program & Features does it list Premiere Elements there?  If so I would recommend removing it and then try the installation again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2012 4:57 PM   in reply to yzponyhead

But does Premiere Elements 9 show up in Programs & Features?  I would also recommend reviewing Troubleshoot install using logs | Premiere Elements, Photoshop Elements to help identify where the failure lies.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2012 8:27 AM   in reply to yzponyhead

You should have received a disc error when copying the install files to your desktop if there was a problem with disc 2.  You could certainly contact the store you just purchased Photoshop and Premiere Elements 9 from to see if you can get a replacement copy.  Since both products are no longer the current version we do not have replacement media available.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2012 4:51 PM   in reply to yzponyhead

Yzponyhead I would recommend you contact our support team.  They can help you diagnose your issue and certainly provide you with a case number if they determine the media is damaged.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 12:13 AM   in reply to yzponyhead

Photoshop and Premiere Elements 9 must be installed from DVD 1. DVD 2 is Premiere Content only.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points