Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS6 keeps crashing

Jul 31, 2012 6:32 PM

I'm so frustrated. I can't bill my client for crashing time lost.

I'm using CS6 on a Mac Pro running 10.7.4.

I'm building a PHP site, but right now, all I'm doing is filling in the content on the home page. I do not understand what I'm doing to make it crash.

I am using a plugin for Project VII - their Column Composer script, their Menu Magic plugin, and their Image Rotator plugin. These use JavaScript. And some JS for a donation button.

I haven't set up a dynamic server. I'm just uploading it to my test server. I'm not getting an error message. My application window just disappears and the app closes itself.

As I said, all I'm doing is entering content. Copy and paste some text from a Word file, refresh the properties panel so I can assign it a header tag, and crash. Crash. CRASH! Heck, I can hand code all this - I'm proficient in CSS, but then I might as well get BBEdit.

Let's just say I'm saving VERY OFTEN!

Can anyone help, please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 6:36 PM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

Have you tried installing the DW CS6 12.0.1 updater?

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs6 12712

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 6:58 PM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

Can't answer you, I'm sorry.

All I know is that an updater was just released so try installing it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 7:55 PM   in reply to John Waller

This may or may not have some bearing:

http://www.pviiforums.com/topic.php?id=1308

--

Al Sparber - PVII

http://www.projectseven.com

The Finest Dreamweaver Menus | Galleries | Widgets

Since 1998

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 8:56 PM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

The folders are the same - and the cache file on a Mac starts with

"MacFileCache"

Looks like you got it working, though, and that's the important thing.

--

Al Sparber - PVII

http://www.projectseven.com

The Finest Dreamweaver Menus | Galleries | Widgets

Since 1998

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 8:58 PM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

LOL, salt and pepper with a bit more pepper I guess

--

Al

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 3:37 AM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

Hello,

Can you please submit the Crash Report and also if you can mail me the Crash Report at yprasad_@_adobe_._com, we can check on what might be causing the crash.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Adobe Dreamweaver Team

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 7:03 AM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

Don't worry.  He has used underscores to 'obfuscate' the domain.  Just remove them....

For crash reports, read this -

http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshooting-dreamweaver-wind ows.html#main_backgroundInfo

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

It's a good address, they do that to avoid spam bots harvesting their email address, just leave out the underscores.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

trixiesirisheyes wrote:

And he only has 18 posts, which makes me wonder if he's really with the DW team.

The [STAFF] icon is a dead giveaway. This is a user to user forum, so you don't see the actual Adobe Staffers in here very often. It's legit.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 8:27 AM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

Every time DW crashes it writes a new crash log.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

Read my link into the DW help files.  And if you want to help Adobe help you, send them a crash log.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 11:01 PM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

Hello,

My email address yprasad_@adobe_._com is legit , i just included underscores to avoid spam bots picking up the email address.

You can find Crash logs on Mac in the following path: /Users/<UserHomeDir>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

If the folder is empty, please rerun the scenario where the crash is occurring and when the Crash occurs, a .crash file will be created in the above path.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Adobe Dreamweaver Team

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 8:55 PM   in reply to trixiesirisheyes

I am also running DW CS6 on Mac (OS upgraded to ML) and regularly get crashes happening. Pages I am working on contain PHP. Fortunately I am saving regularly as I am testing each iteration on a remote server so I save before syncing.

Development is being done in Split View with code on left and design view on right. I have not detected any real pattern to the crashes apart from them being quite often (3 times in one 2 hour sitting). For each crash I am submitting the crash report.

I am assuming that the software is staying up to date. Adobe Updater has regularly been telling me abouot and installing updates. Cannot recall seeing any recent DW update though.

The sooner this is fixed the better. It is really quite annoying.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 11:16 PM   in reply to Gdw35

Hi,

Since there has been no update by the thread owner after my previous comment, I am guessing the Crash reported in this thread description is now resolved. If not please forward the Crash Report to my Email ID yprasad@adobe.com.

Gdw35,

Some of the Dreamweaver users who have upgraded to Mac OSX 10.8 from 10.7 have been facing crashes due to the changes made during OS upgrade and got resolved with Dreamweaver re-installation. Can you please try re-installing the Dreamweaver.

Meanwhile if you can please forward the Crash report to yprasad@adobe.com or the Email ID you used to submit the Crash report, I can get back to you with status on the same.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Adobe Dreamweaver Team

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 11:27 PM   in reply to Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Hi Yalpi

My work user ID is Gdw35. I am posting this from my personal user ID. The problem occurs on my system at home (personal copy). Later this evening I will check if any of the crash reports remain and send them through to you. I will then remove and re-install Dreamweaver to see if this resolves the problem.

My question to you is, do I just remove and re-install Dreamweaver on its own or should I do that to the entire CS6 Suite (I have Design and Web Premium)?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 11:59 PM   in reply to Grant64

Hello,

Please try with re-installation of Dreamweaver only.

In any case please forward the Crash Report so that we can look into the root cause.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Adobe Dreamweaver Team

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    May 28, 2013 11:48 AM   in reply to Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Hi Yalpi,

Herewith one of similar cases hope that it is helpful:

System:

Windows7 with CS6 & Autodesk Suite

Problem:

Dreamweaver CS6 keeps crashing on startup, seems after installed Autodesk Suite.

Fixed by:

No result even remove user config folder. But finally fixed by changing file association of DWS file, from AutoCAD back to Dreamweaver.

I am not sure if file association is the key point, because the problem no longer exists even I roll it back for testing.

Hope that it is helpful anyway.

Costed:

1 man-day  -__-|||

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2013 1:45 PM   in reply to a v a t a

Thanks avata, on my machine, my CAD program was claiming .DWT files. This explained why DW crashes whenever I try to create a new page using a template.

Changing the file association in "Set Associations" to Dreamweaver fixed it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2014 1:45 PM   in reply to Harold Demure

Hey guys.

I just started having a similar problem. I am working on DW CS6 and everytime i try to put an .aspx that i just updated it crashes on me. I am running it on Windows 8 pro, and this hadn't happened before, not even on the exact same file.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points