Skip navigation
j.v..
Currently Being Moderated

After effects crashed due to error on launch, Never done this before.

Aug 6, 2012 6:03 AM

Tags: #problem #cs5 #help #video #after #effects #3d #camera #mac #after_effects #audio #export #preview #import #output #layer #render #animation #motion #cs6 #ram #quicktime #creative_suite #after_effects_cs5 #after_effects_cs5.5

Please help I need to finish the project I'm on soon.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2dbqzkj.png

IMG of the error.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 6, 2012 7:35 AM   in reply to j.v..

I see you run AE 9, which never played well with long-gop footage like H.264, MPEG, etc.  If your video footage comes from a new source, it's most likely the culprit.  The fix: convert it all to a lossles codec.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to j.v..

The only thing we know that could possibly help is that you are working on a windows machine and that you are most likely using CS4. What's the specific OS and build number of A? What were you doing when the program crashed? Has anything changed on your machine recently? Do you have any new software or plug-ins installed?

If a system has been running just fine then starts crashing something changed or a support file has become corrupted. Corrupted files can be repaired with a re-install. Changes to the system can be more problematic to fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 9:44 AM   in reply to j.v..

The onnly single thing I have done since this up to this crash was in stall roxio capture studio.

Yes, it has messed up your system's CoDecs. Uninstall it, run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, reinstall AE.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 8:13 PM   in reply to j.v..

3rd party codecs and codec pacs are often incompatible with AE. Adobe can't test or program for everything. AE and other Adobe products are not the only apps that are effected by things like this.

If you absolutely must have the software then I'd suggest making a dual boot system. You'll probably have to transcode the footage to a standard production codec for it to work.

Check with the roxio folks. They may have a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 8:25 PM   in reply to j.v..

Short of upgrading to a newer version of AE, where this issue may no longer exist I see no way of getting this "fixed" in any way. It's simply a compatibility issue. A dual boot system or a second computer would be pretty much your only other option.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points