Skip navigation
NotTooFast
Currently Being Moderated

Interlacing is Ruining Quicktime Movies

Jan 20, 2010 9:26 PM

I have searched all over and can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have video taken with my Canon vixia HFS200 in 1920x1080 60i.  I use the Full HD 1080i 30 Project Preset.

When I export video clips to Quicktime formate, the interlacing is extremely bad.

Should I be shooting video in 1920x1080 30p, or should I be using a different preset?

Thanks,

Keith

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 21, 2010 5:27 AM   in reply to NotTooFast

Your camcorder is an AVCHD camcorder. You should be using the AVCHD project specs, not the HDV.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2010 6:37 AM   in reply to NotTooFast

If you are capturing your video and using Premiere Elements with an AVCHD preset, I don't know why you're having interlacing issues.

It sounds like you're using the correct workflow.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 1:10 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

So.... more than two years later...this thread is still here... and there was no solution? I have the same constant problem ... and the only response is: "It sounds like you're using the correct workflow."

Apparantly, this is a major problem with Elements - that has not been fixed?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 3:04 PM   in reply to EricWB

I have never experienced this issue in nearly 10 years of using the program, Eric. So I don't know what's going on at your end.

But if you can post a sampling of your video (about 30 seconds worth of raw footage, directly from your camcorder), I will be glad to see if I get the same results.

You'll have to post the video to a download site though. Not YouTube or Vimeo, which transcodes the video into another format. I need to get my hands on the native AVCHD 1920x1080 60i video.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points