Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cs6  Trying to import .mov I keep getting the error "no audio or video streams"

Aug 6, 2012 12:47 PM

Tags: #error #premier #quicktime

I have 2 projects and I can not import .mov I keep getting the error msg "no audio or video streams"

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 6, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to stynkrbelle

Where did the video come from?

Can you play it on your computer at all?

Download MediaInfo and use that to analyze the file - what is the codec info?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 1:17 PM   in reply to stynkrbelle

This usually happens if Quicktime is not installed on Windows and the MOV files contain a codec that can't be imported by Premiere Pro's custom 64-bit Quicktime importer.

Regardless, information about your platform and operating system is required, along with the info that Greg requested.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 2:26 PM   in reply to stynkrbelle

I have been getting a message that I don't have Quicktime installed so I installed Quicktime 7 and I still get the same message

That indicates that your Adobe apps (likely more than just Pr) aren't picking up the Quicktime installation.  You should try uninstalling, manually cleaning out any remnants of QT, and reinstalling.  If that doesn't work, then maybe reverting to an earlier version of QT would help. 

FWIW, I have QT 7.7.2 installed here with CS5.5.2 and they play nicely together.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 1:35 PM   in reply to stynkrbelle

You need to CLOSE PREMIERE CS6.  Then install quicktime.  Then reopen CS6 and it should work.  This happened to me as well. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2014 9:15 PM   in reply to stynkrbelle

I know this is an old thread, but this may still help someone having problems importing .mov files into Premiere Pro CS6 (or earlier versions) in Windows 7/8.

- Go to control panel

- Appearance and personalization

- Folder options

- View tab

- Un-check Hide extensions  for known file types

- Hit OK

- Find your FILE.mov file and rename it to FILE.mpg

Try importing the newly renamed .mpg file to Premiere and it should work. PP CS6 kept crashing for me, but once I renamed the file, it imported perfectly. Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points