Skip navigation
SelenaMey
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS6 is downloaded even though the link states Photoshop CS6 Extended.

Aug 6, 2012 12:42 PM

Tags: #cs6 #extended

Hello!

A few days ago or so, I had downloaded Photoshop CS6 from the official Adobe site here (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop), and wanted to only test it out. However, I did a very stupid thing and uninstalled all my Microsoft Visual C++ products, not knowing that these were important for Photoshop. Anyways, Photoshop was having all errors etc. and I had to uninstall it (the 30 days weren't over yet, by the way). Now I have downloaded the Microsoft C++ products again, and I wanted to download Photoshop CS6 Extended again - it all was installed it perfectly, but when I opened the program, it was just Photoshop CS6 and not Photoshop CS6 Extended (and I want it because of the 3D options etc.) - and I was using the same download link from above. So, why has it downloaded the "wrong" product now?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Aug 6, 2012 1:33 PM   in reply to SelenaMey

What Microsoft Visual C++ products did you uninstall?  The Redistributables?  After you installed Photoshop?

What OS are you on?  You'll never get Photoshop CS6 Extended (3D) functionality on XP.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Aug 6, 2012 1:52 PM   in reply to SelenaMey

The installation is one and the same software, only a serial number differentiates the feature set. 

It's not supposed to be able to show you just non-Extended features in evaluation mode, however.  I don't honestly know what to advise, other than maybe to do a full and complete removal, including use of Adobe's Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, then install it yet again.  Perhaps trying to run it in a damaged state triggered some of the GPU detection logic to fail and deconfigure Photoshop's use of the GPU.

Since it is allowing you to continue your evaluation period, there's hope.

Creative Suite Cleaner Tool:  http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 6, 2012 1:58 PM   in reply to SelenaMey

This happens to some users.  Here are 2 thinkgs to try.

1.  Go to Help/deactivate  allow a little time and then reactivate.

2.  If that does not work uninstall and reinstall.

Usually one of these methods works.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Aug 6, 2012 2:02 PM   in reply to SelenaMey

Follow the instructions at the link I provided; you should not need to do more than that.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points