• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serial number problems with CS4

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cs4 production premium serial number wont work. I have uninstalled all adobe softwear and used the clean up tool, reinstaled cs4 but the serial still wont work.

Could it be that I have one licence of cs5 in use on one computer at work? My CS4 came with CS5. The serial number works fine to regester it on the adobe website so I know it is correct. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely you are having a permission issue with your AdobePCD and caps folder.  Do you have any other Adobe software installed on this computer?  Have you tried removing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah removed everything Adobe, flash player the lot. Then ran the clean up softwear, it found nothing. Then reinstalled cs4 and still didnt work. It's very frustrating. I need to do work at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you may want to try removing the AdobePCD and caps folder.  Which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vista unfortunately. Are there instructions on how to remove PCD and caps folder. I dont know where this is exactly. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common Files\ and just a plug in folder. I'm looking around the forum for help. It's a bit confusing sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be happy to point you to the right location.  I do need to know what operating system you are using though.  Also it would be benficial to know if it is 32 bit or 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I have vista (unfortunately) and it's 32 bit.

Thanks for the link Mylenium. It never worked from the start so will this process still work for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UpstartThunder you should be able to locate the AdobePCD and caps folder at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe.  I would recommend moving both folders to your desktop and trying the installation again.

If you are utilizing any other Adobe Creative software though I would recommend uninstalling it prior to utilizing this procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh. I seem unable to uninstall cs4 suddenly. I also can't run it (comes up with error 6). I tried the adobe clean up tool and this time it said I had cs4 cs5 cs5.5 cs6? (Nothing had appeared on this before) I said clear all then it didnt do anything, it said done and said the log is in a folder location that doesn't excist.

I uninstalled my flash 8 at the begining of all this and now doubtfull this will even work.

How do I uninstal CS4 now? I have read just deleting the folders is not recomended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry UpstartThunder but from your previous messages it appears that you had a message stating you had an invalid serial number.  This message will typically come up during the install process.  Was this not the case?  Were you previously able to install but then received a message that your serial number was invalid?

Did you start having this problem after you moved the AdobePCD and caps folder or did you perform additional steps which lead you to being unable to initate the install process?

Can you please provide the exact error message you receive when trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No message about invalid serial number, it just wasn't excepting the number. An x to the right of it after you put the number in.

Cs4 installed and uninstalled fine 2 times before, just wasn't excepting the code which I know is correct as it works on the regestering in my Adobe.

Yes I started having this trouble after moving the AdobePCD and caps folder. I have put them back and still no joy.

I havent tried reinstallying it as it is presently installed and I am unable to uninstall it using the windows uninstal program or the adobe clean up tool (which didnt seem to do anything).

I have error 6 when trying to open cs4.

I am fully aware Vista is poo, I am upset

Thanks for your help. How do I uninstal CS4 now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see I would verify that your CS4 serial number is registered at http://www.adobe.com/.  This will help verify that the serial number itself is not the issue.  If you are unable to use the Clean Script then your last chance would be to try running the Microsoft Fix-it utility at http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cs4 Serial number is registered fine on Adobe.

That link is for 64 bit windows.

I will find another way to clear files then get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines