• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Explorer Script Error

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install the most recent version of Adobe Reader onto a Windows XP SP3 computer with Internet Explorer 8.  I am able to download just fine, but I run into a problem during the installation when I get to the part where it tries to retrieve the install.  From what I can tell, instead of downloading the actual installation file it's as if I'm downloading something that handle the download of the actual installation file (like a download manager).  Anyway, no matter where I download from and no matter whether I save first or run without saving I get the same Internet Explorer Script Error.  It looks something like this:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 1

Char: 9914

Error: Object expected

Code: 0

URL: http://127.0.0.1:4287/app/_js/adobe.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes No

I have tried everything I can think of.  I don't know if some random Internet Explorer setting is interfering with the install or if it's something else.  Also, whether I hit Yes or No, nothing happens.  I have only tried downloading from the Adobe website and have not tried using third party websites.

Please help.

Thanks,

jen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are running SP 3. Reader X requires it. The try to download from

http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelKazlow,

In my search for the answer, I came across others listing that link as the cure-all to any download or installation issues but I had already tried downloading from there before I conducted my search on Adobe's forums for what is wrong.  Downloads from that website end up with the same error being generated.

Also, the computer in question has Service Pack and has had SP3 for some time so I don't think that problem is coming from there.  The error is an Internet Explorer Script Error.  Whatever I download seems to be something like a download manager for the actual installation file and I can't help but wonder if a setting in his Internet Options is conflicting with the download.  But, it's just a guess and I don't know enough about Adobe Reader's interaction with Internet Explorer to know where to look.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know why you receive that error; it's not something I have seen before.

Try downloading from this FTP link (assuming that you want the English language Reader version); there shouldn't be any script involved in this:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/10.1.3/en_US/AdbeRdr1013_en_US.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener,

Thank you so very much; it worked perfectly.

jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, the FTP download worked great! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines