Skip navigation
mlh1970
Currently Being Moderated

Upgrading BC hosting in Adobe Cloud

May 7, 2012 1:17 PM

I pre ordered Adobe Cloud and wanted to know if there will be an option to upgrade from the web basic hosting that Adobe Cloud comes with to the web marketing hosting of BC and pay the difference and if so how would I do that and how much more a month would I have to pay?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 1:37 PM   in reply to mlh1970

I also would like an answer to this question, I asked Live Chat Support and was told that I would have to pay the full price of the upgraded plan. It seems logical to pay the difference between a basic plan and whatever plan you upgrade to.

|
    Mark as:
  • Magda Neagu
    153 posts
    Jun 15, 2009
    May 8, 2012 2:57 AM   in reply to mlh1970

Hi,

The upgrade functionality will not be available at launch. We are currently working on it, and it will become available in the immediate future. I will let you know when this will come.

Magda

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to Magda Neagu

Thanks for the information. Few questions about the upgrade path in Creative Cloud.

Will the price be the difference between the level site you choose and the basic site?

Will the price be based on a month to month pricing basis or will you receive the yearly discount price (assuming you signed up for a year subscription of Creative Cloud)?

Depending on the answer to the question above if we receive yearly pricing will it be paid month to month along with the Creative Cloud or will I have to pay the year up front to get the yearly discount?

Thanks Again! =>

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 12:53 AM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Hi Lynda,

• The prices will not be the difference between the two levels (webBasics and the upgrade level)
    • When you upgrade, you will choose the billing frequency like you currently do: monthly, yearly or for 2 years
    • There is no special discount right now

Regards,

Dragos M.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 10:08 AM   in reply to DragosMan

Thank you Dragos for the reply,

I agree with mlh1970 this information needs to be listed somewhere.

I find it illogical that you have a webBasics level site to start and when you upgrade you lose the benefit of the creative cloud with BC. As a member of the creative cloud you should get a discount. My thought was the discount should be the cost of the upgraded plan minus the cost of the webBasics plan for whatever payment schedule you choose (monthly, yearly, 2 years). Please consider this.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

I can't see them going for an upgrade cost. Considering that the Creative cloud is only $50 a month. You already get $50 in hosting plus the use of the entire creative suite. Any further discounts would essentially make the complete Creative Suite free. Not likely to happen. It's already dirt cheap.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 10:15 AM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Hi Lynda,

all this info will be available tonight on the support forums as a FAQ.

Thanks,

Dragos M.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 11:05 AM   in reply to DragosMan

Thanks Dragos =>

@Brad - I can see that and I believe the value you receive is absolutly great though it never hurts to make a requst. =>

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 3:33 PM   in reply to mlh1970

I agree with you mlh1970.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 1:25 PM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Any update on being able to upgrade a from a free Creative Cloud website to a higher paid plan? (Or did I miss something?)

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
  • mario_gudelj
    1,679 posts
    Oct 13, 2010
    Aug 6, 2012 9:29 PM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

A workflow for that is not yet available, Lynda.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points