Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Could I build this in Flash?

Jul 12, 2012 12:01 PM

I have been making nice diagrams in Photoshop, but want to consider creating diagrams with a little animation.

Could I build this in Flash, or is there another tool that would be easier to learn?

http://www.crystalgraphics.com/powerpoint/slide-wheel-diagram-3d-anima ted-blue-3-process-mp-115.asp

Thanks!

Micky

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 11:29 PM   in reply to mickyfokken

Yes, you could do that in Flash as it has more or less all drawing tools that Photoshop does. Alternatively, if your comfort zone lies with Photoshop, you draw your graphics with it and import them in to Flash using the PSD importer feature. On importing, you can still choose to preserve all layers of your PSD.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to mickyfokken

I recommend you go to Flash and work it out as a timeline animation where you use clicking interactions to advance along the timeline.  All of what the example you showed is fairly basic stuff that you are not likely to find tutorials dedicated to. 

You do not have to pursue it as a timeline design, but in your case it is probably the better way to start, especially if you don't plan a future of working with Flash.  If you do plan to work with Flash as a future, then 101 learning can only help.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 5:02 AM   in reply to mickyfokken

I don't know what you mean when you say "layer movements" - you cannot move layers.  If that is what you are calling timeline animations, then yes, if you want to animate in the timeline you will need to learn how to.

As far as masking goes, you may or may not need any... only you can determine that at this stage.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points