Skip navigation
scano2012
Currently Being Moderated

OPSUF042 contains bad /Widths error

Aug 7, 2012 5:51 AM

has anyone out there had any issues with this message with acrobat:  'OPSUF042 contains bad /Widths'?

i have a customer that has multiple pdfs that is getting this message as he views these documents.

ive come up empty when researching this. 

any information would help.

thanks.

scano2012

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2012 5:59 AM   in reply to scano2012

I would open one of the PDFs and check the document properties to see how it was created. Very likely some third party method. If they look fine when opened, you could always just save them and see if that resolves the message. You could also just print them to a new PDF. A lot depends on what the properties of the PDF are to see what might be done.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 1:48 AM   in reply to scano2012

As a scan, are the pages simple images or has an OCR been done? If pure scans, then where would the font error come from? So assuming OCR was done, was that done by Acrobat or your scan system?

You might try to open the PDF in Acrobat and simply printing to new PDF to see if the problem is resolved. From what I gather, the problem does not occur until you go to the specific page and maybe the print will work. Also, if you check the document properties, are all fonts embedded?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points