Skip navigation
Green.Ray
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom to Blurb

Jul 25, 2012 1:04 AM

Tags: #lightroom #module #upload #to #book #books #blurb

I am having problems uploading from Book in Lightroom to Blurb.  I have a book collection saved and I am connected to my page in Blurb.  When I 'Upload to Blurb' the loading bar top left does not fill and the book does not upload.  This is recent as I have successfully uploaded books before.  There are no problems with my internet connection.  Has anybody had a similar problem or shed some light on the issue.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 28, 2012 10:07 AM   in reply to Green.Ray

Hi,

I too cannot upload my book.  Also Export to PDF does not work.  Using LR 4.1  Adode, please fix this soon!

Thanks,

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 7:24 AM   in reply to Green.Ray

Same here!

My book was about 40 pages and everything worked fine. Now i added about 17 more pages  and I am not able to export it anymore. (Neither to PDF, jpg or blurp!) Removing pages, reshuffling pages, whatever i do, doesn't work anymore.

Deleting page by page from the end finally gives me the message "rendering ...." Happily i put all my pages back and removed only this 'last removed page' and to my suprise it doesn't exports again.

bottomline; I have no idea how to solve it and I',m stuck with my project.

ADOBE, PLEASE GIVE US A BUGFIX! (there are many many complains about this topic in forums etc.)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 10:24 AM   in reply to Green.Ray

I have the same problem. My wife has worked for over a week on a 240 page book, and we cannot get it to export to Blurb. I'm able to render all the pages, but when it comes to uploading as indicated on the bar progress graph in the upper left corner, it goes part of the way across and then a window pops up saying there is a problem. I worked all this weekend on deleting pages until it finally uploads. I got down to page 106 of 240 and it finally uploaded. So I figured page 107 was the problem. I deleted the photos on this page and then reinserted them. That seemed to work but then it must be getting stuck on another page as it will now uploads up to page 115. So I thought 116 must be the problem. I tried the same procedure that I did for page 107, but no luck this time.

PLEASE ADOBE! HELP US OUT!

|
    Mark as:
  • Andrew Rodney
    1,386 posts
    Apr 16, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2012 7:04 AM   in reply to jlarewTX

What specifically is the error message? It IS possible it is on Blurb’s receiving end so it might be useful to post where in the world you are trying to upload.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 10:29 AM   in reply to Andrew Rodney

I was able to send half the book to Blurb and then sent the second half. Maybe it is a memory issue after I got page 107 fixed. The error message say the book failed to upload and gave me the option to Retry or Cancel. I'm going to see if Blurb and take both books and make one out of them.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2014 2:40 AM   in reply to Green.Ray

Hello,

I had this problem as well - the upload to Blurb would not work. Creation of a PDF and export as JPEG in the book module worked. I use Lighroom 4 though.

For me, the solution was to turn off the Windows Firewall while uploading. Now it works!

Two-in-Love (Photographe de Mariage en Suisse Romande)

http://www.two-in-love.ch

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points