• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a password protected entrance page for a muse site?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a site in Muse and the client wants it to be password protected for now....the usual Javascript entered between the head and body tags is not working.  Any ideas??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Hi,

Please see this previous topic related to password protection:

Can I create a login/password protection in Muse for a HTML5 page or two?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4406164

There are a few ways you can accomplish password protection, but as Cristian indicated, there isn't a native way to do this in Muse...

The only way to password protect Muse pages today would be to set up secure zones on the hosting side of the house. If you are hosting on Adobe Business Catalyst this is quite possible, but

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello deettah1075,

I'm sorry but we don't have experience integrating custom features that don't come out of the box with Muse so I'm afraid we cannot assist you with the custom Javascript code in your Muse site.

However, if you implemented this solution on some other sites and it worked you should make sure you implement it in the same way in Muse. The code you have to add between the <head>...</head> tags can be added using the "Page properties" option (screenshot) and if there's something needed to be added in the page between the <body>...</body> tags you can add it using the "Insert HTML..." option (screenshot)

I hope this helps.

Cristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian, thanks for the help.  It did work to a degree.  I was able to add the form on a page in Muse using your directions but unfortunately the action does not work.  The user can still access the rest of the site using the menu without having the enter the password and when you do enter the password, it does not direct to the Home page.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yeah, I understand, and it kind of makes sense too. Because the code is inserted in the header of the page it will apply on that one only. So, adding it to all pages is mandatory (or to an external file required by the template which applied to all pages).

Sorry about the redirect code, maybe there's a member of our community that can help you with it.

Cristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense for sure, unfortunately I can't add it to each page because then the password form will show on each page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question, if I create an HTML page in Dreamweaver with the form and re-direct script, shouldn't that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please see this previous topic related to password protection:

Can I create a login/password protection in Muse for a HTML5 page or two?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4406164

There are a few ways you can accomplish password protection, but as Cristian indicated, there isn't a native way to do this in Muse...

The only way to password protect Muse pages today would be to set up secure zones on the hosting side of the house. If you are hosting on Adobe Business Catalyst this is quite possible, but requires a good understanding of the entire BC content management system. You can get a quick sense of what it would take to configure such a secure zone in this BC knowledge base article.

Others have had success with services such as AuthPro.com, JavaScript password protection, or with setting up password protection of files and folders in the control panel/cpanel of their web host provider. This creates what's known as "http authentication". Here is an article on how to create .htaccess and .htpasswd files to password protect your pages or directories using basic http authentication: Password Protecting Your Pages with htaccess

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up using AuthPro.com, it's easy and very resonably priced. And great for non coders!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Marcy!  Two questions, I do not see anywhere on their site the pricing for a Delux account and did you have to add the HTML code to each page on the website or just the index page?  Many thanks, this might be the way to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went over their site (designers will cringe) and didn't see it either BUT I think the prices will come up when you sign up and it will ask you sign up what plan you want. I have 2 accounts and I think it's $12. every 3 months. No you do not add code, the pages are a redirect. You would not want to put this in the index page but you can have a log in and then it will redirect. (this is what I do)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  You are a lifesaver!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me again Marcy!  I have become a member of AuthPro but it is asking me to enter code into my site....where did you find the simple re-direct and can I take a look at one of your websites where it is in use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a private message, since we are now getting out of the muse stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PASSWORD PROTECTING A PAGE WITH A NICE BOX DESIGNED INTO YOUR PAGE

FINALLY, I'VE FOUND AN ANSWER TO PASSWORDING A PAGE OR SECTION WITH ADOBE MUSE WITH GREAT SIMPLICITY AND ALLOWING YOU TO 'DESIGN' THE PASSWORD BOX INTO YOUR PAGE!!!

Even better is that you don't HAVE to have username AND password (although you could if you wanted to), so just a simple PASSWORD box and enter button DESIGNED BY YOU WITHIN YOUR PAGE, rather than nasty popups etc.  Importantly, the password itself is NOT within the source code of your page either!!

The solution is at Jotform.com. I believe you can do this with a FREE ACCOUNT, although it's SUCH a great service for Musers that I paid for a proper account.

Before you do this, create a page on your site saying "Wrong Password. Please go away" or something to that effect. You'll need it for when they enter the wrong password.

So, in Jotform, you just create a new form and:

1. Drag on a password box (it's in the power tools section)

2. Select it and go to Conditions

3. Go to Change Thank You URL after submission

4. Enter: If [name of your password box] field EQUALS TO [enter your password]

5. In the "Then redirect to" box, enter the URL of your protected page and click save

6. In the resulting box click "ADD A NEW CONDITION" and do the SAME as stets 3 to 5 but this time say NOT EQUALS TO" with your same password and in the "Then redirect to" box, enter the URL of your WRONG PASSWORD page and click save

7. Embed the button on your page and you're done!!!

If you want to mess about with the EXACT alignment of a right aligned button and text box, you can go to Preferences and in the box which allows you to add your own custom CSS, enter the following code and mess about with the values until it's perfect for you:

.form-buttons-wrapper { padding-top:3px !important; }#id_2 {margin-left: -50px !important;}

Here's an example, built in Muse: www.hileytv.com/about.html

I hope this helps my fellow Musers!

Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcus,

I follow your logic on how to do this, but I am wondering, does this really create a password protected page or just a "pseudo-protected" page?  If you do not include the "protected" page in your site index, prevent bots from crawling it, etc. it is protected to the extent that it is not listed in search engines and does not have any internal links to it on your site, but someone who knew the URL could still access it, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to follow your suggestion and have a JotForm account, but I do not see the "password" box at all, under the Power Tools or any of the tools section. Where is that exactly? And, does this actually create a password protected page, or just a pseudo-protected page as the member below your posting asked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I tried to find the "password" option on Jotform but I can't find it or the "pwer tools" section you described. Do you know if has it been renamed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another free solution since JotForm no longer offer the "password" option as a result of people abusing it for phishing.

Note: I don't know if you can do this through the Adobe Muse platform, I host my site through Adobe and went through BC > Pages > (Desired Page) > Edit HTML

Insert the follow code into the the <head> section of the desired page:

<script type="text/javascript">

<!--

var password;

var correctpassword="Type your desired password here";

password=prompt ('Enter Password To View: ' , ' ' ) ;

if (password==correctpassword)

alert ('Click Ok To Enter' ) ;

else

{

window.location="Website address of where you want to send them if denied";

}

-->

</script>

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome thank you I will try this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi
code worked well on mac
but doest work in internet explorer or windows phone
no pop up window appears
it just goes to home page

would there be more code i could try to enable to work on window devices

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easy way is using a free widget like this Responsive Muse - Templates & Widgets - Free Muse Password Protect

This widget sets up a javascript password to your current page content. It´s easy to break if someone inspects code, but it works nice, check preview here: Inicio

Password: responsive-muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines