Skip navigation
JFAAL101
Currently Being Moderated

Problems installing Acrobat X as part of CS6 upgrade

Aug 7, 2012 6:09 AM

Tags: #acrobat #upgrade #cs6

After upgrading to CS6 from CS5, my Acrobat Pro 9 stopped working - it would say that there is an error and shut down, each time I tried to open it.  I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Acrobat 9 and the CS6 upgrade.  Latest reinstallation of the CS6, installed everything except Acrobat X, which comes with the package...

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2012 11:16 AM   in reply to JFAAL101

What is the exact error message which you are receiving?  Is Acrobat 9 still installed?  Do you receive any error messages when trying to install Acrobat 10?  Finally what operating system are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 11:50 AM   in reply to JFAAL101

Acrobat Cleaner Tool

Run it, try the install again.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 1:15 PM   in reply to JFAAL101

Error 1310 are often permission based.  Please see Error "1310: Error writing to file: C:Config.Msi..." | CS4 products - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-1310-error-writing-file .html for more information on how to resolve this error.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to JFAAL101

JFAAL101 if you are continuing to experience difficulties then I would recommend working directly with our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points