Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error: could not find the file  -   How can I solve this?

Aug 6, 2012 3:21 AM

Tags: #error #audition #could_not_find_the_file

Hello everybody,

Allthough I'm using Adobe products for years this is the first time I open a discussion .

When working in premiere Cs5.5 and using the "Edit in Adobe Audition" option (or draging and dropping a supported file from explorer), the Audition application starts and the "open files" window gives me the following message "Error: could not find the file" (as shown in the attached picture). The only way I can open a file is through the import option in Adobe Audition File menu.

This is a real nuisance for me as I was using this option quite often. The issue started after I re-installed my Production Premium on my computer.

Can anyone help please.Audition winndow.JPG

Thnx,

Ariel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2012 12:51 PM   in reply to aaaariel

Hi Ariel,

This may be related to an issue where filenames with multiple consecutive spaces were not opening properly when sent from Premiere Pro.

For example, a file named "My_Audio.wav" would be okay where "My____Audio.wav" (replace the underscore with spaces) would fail to open when sent from Premiere.  This issue was found and resolved for CS6.

If the source clip names in Premiere do not contain consecutive spaces, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 2:05 PM   in reply to aaaariel

I may have misunderstood your initial question.  You have this same issue if you drag and drop a file from Windows Explorer into Audition?  You said File > Import worked, but does File > Open ?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 12:08 PM   in reply to aaaariel

CS6 does not fix this issue for me. If the whitespace is the problem, the issue is with Adobe Premiere because it re-renders the audio clip with a new name, for example, from "beep_01.wav" to "beep_01 Audio Extracted_1.wav".

No matter what I name the file, Audition can not find it. Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 1:47 PM   in reply to aaaariel

I believe the problem is running Premiere off of a network drive/folder. The projects location is "\\Zeus\Projects\Test.vcproj"

Audition says it can't find "\Zeus\Projects\Test\Audiosample.wav"

Just glancing at that, Audition is stripping the first '\' from the path. It should be '\\'. Could this be the problem?

To test, I copied the project to my local E: data drive, selected a clip to edit in Audition, and Audition finds the file.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 2:45 PM   in reply to aaaariel

I wonder if I can send a note straight to Adobe and file a bug report?

My project is shared on a network drive so the audio and video teams can work on it without having to copy back/forth from local drive to network, etc. Something is bound to go wrong or files are missing or not imported.

Looks like we'll be, in fact, copying projects to our local drives to edit audio now. Argh.

Thanks for your help!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 3:12 PM   in reply to dnulf

Ah-ah! The workaround is to map my network folder to a drive, say... M:\

So, when I select Edit->Edit in Audition->Sequence, I can select the Browse button to alter the Path destination. Instead of seeing '\\Zeus\Projects\...', I select the mapped M: drive so the path reads 'M:\Projects\...' instead.

Then, Audition loads and is able to find the sequence or clip.

So... that solves my problem!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points