Skip navigation
diwall22700
Currently Being Moderated

"flash" of the right control panel and  many downloading of picture

Aug 5, 2012 2:47 PM

I am using the Niksoftware plug-in for many months (LR3,Photoshop CS5..) To day I have no problem with CS6 but it's not the same with LR4.1..I am trying (with my bad english) to explain my difficulties...Just after adjusting something with a plug in and closing it, if I try to modify the TIFF registration with a cursor of LR4.1 when I leave the cursor the right control panel "flash" and the picture download..It's impossible to work with these "stop and go" after every adjustement...If I close LR and I restart it the phenomenom disappear ! I am using a Dell Computer 8100 with windows 7 (x 64) a processor intel i7 870 (2,93 Ghz) and 16 Go of RAM memory. My Video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240.. I am using 3 canon camera (5D mark II, 7D and powershot G12) and the issue is the same with the Camera Raw Files coming from the 3 cameras.

I asked help from Nik Sofware support but the answer was : "we are very sorry this a memory issue from LR"...my cache memory set is 200Go.

I am also using LR4.1 and one plug-in (viveza) on my laptop (Sony Win 7, i7, 8Go) and it run well..

Thank you very much if some people had an idea of what I can do ! I am so frustrate..

I try to insert 2 shorts videos to show the issue (The 1202 is after closing ans restarting LR)

http://9giga.sfr.fr/n/50-17/share/LNK7682501ad7f2ac40a/

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 6, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to diwall22700

Good morning diwall,

There is nothing you can do. This is a BUG that has been present since around the end of the 2.x series and the beginning of the 3.x series.

If you send a file to Photoshop (edit in) and you have a compatible ACR version LR sends the raw file and Photoshop writes the TIFF back to LR.

When this happens all is fine, no blinkies, no reloading on every slider change.

BUT...if one is using a plugin or earlier version of ACR, LR writes the TIFF file to work on. When LR writes the TIFF file we get the blinkies and "loading" or in your

case "chargement".

One workaround someone came up with was to turn off "Automatically write changes into XMP" under catalogue settings, Metadata tab.  BS, does not work for all.

The only effective way I have found to stop it is the same as you, close the program and reopen.

Let go of the frustration, it will only give you grey hair and wrinkles.

Rich

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 5:42 PM   in reply to diwall22700

Bernard, I have found saving the metadata to the TIFF file manually (cmd/crtl-s) gets rid of the blinkies on my Mac usually.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 11:21 PM   in reply to Geoff the kiwi

Bernard,

You are very welcome and yes I saw your vdeos. I have no clue if the team will ever fix this one, right now I imagine their hands are prettty full

trying to improve the performance and other bugs. Right now for me I have compatability between Lightroom and PS. I have 4.1 and CS6 with ACR 7.1.

The Tiffs coming back from PS do not exhibit this behavior, just the Tiffs LR writes for plugins. For me it is simpler to send to PS and use any plugins there and let PS write the Tiff.

Rich

P.S. On 4.1 turning off Automatically write changes doe stop the blinkies, but why should I have to disable a feature because of a BUG?

Control S does nothing but make it blink every time I hit control S. No Geoff, not a viable solution. Neither is turning off automatic writing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points