Skip navigation
hoebbesss
Currently Being Moderated

Pubilshing for Android and iPad

Aug 7, 2012 4:43 PM

I have to put a quote for a client together who wants to publish their magazine for all tablet devices out there. I have successfully managed to get a publication on to the iPad, but I don't have an Android tablet to run tests.

So my question is: Is there a way to create one folio which will work for all tablet sizes (and shrink them accordingly where nexessary)?

If not how do yuo approach such a project with the least possible effort and best possible outcome?

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2012 9:34 PM   in reply to hoebbesss

You can easlily publish content to Android using Renditions. Create a Folio for intended Tablet device, for example for 10 inch tablet, create a folio with 1232*752 rendition. To reduce efforts in designing, use Alternate Layout feature in Indesign CS6 to create multiple renditions.

Some features like inline videos, pinch and zoom etc. do not work on android, thus take care to make necessary changes before publishing.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2012 10:09 PM   in reply to hoebbesss

I've tested iPad folios on 10 inch Android Tablet and the folios display, however they do not accupy the full screen size (Due to diferrence in aspect ratios of devices), Android does scale the iPad folio, however it does not give out best user experience, but works anyway. In case you wish to go ahead and start publishing, you could do that for a start ( if you dont mind the folio not fitting the whole screen).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points