Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I open a catalog created on Win7 LR 1.4.1 on new Mac with latest LR 3.6 download? Too new!!!

Dec 23, 2011 9:17 AM

Tags: #catalog #3.6

Any ideas please...I have transferred the media files and catalogs via my network, definitely onto the pictures folder of my MP 2011 Intel Mac. I go to open the catalog and get this peculiar message saying..

The Lightroom catalog named “Lightroom 3 Catalog” cannot be opened because it is too new to be used by this version of Lightroom. Would you like to select a different catalog?

The catalog appears to have been created by a version of Lightroom that is newer than the Lightroom version you are using.

Is the Mac latest 3.6 version of LR really older and unable to read a latest PC 1.4.1 coded catalog?

Is there anyway of saving the PC generated Catalog in an older catalog format d=so that a mac with 3.6 LR can read it?

any answers very greatfully received!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 23, 2011 9:23 AM   in reply to freewisemen4

Why is your 1.4.1 catalog called "Lightroom 3 Catalog"?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 23, 2011 10:02 AM   in reply to freewisemen4

No, it just implies it was created with Lightroom 3, so I was thinking maybe it was.

I think 3.6 should upgrade LR 2 and LR 1 catalogs.  Not positive.  Could it be corrupt?  Try a backup catalog.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 6:20 PM   in reply to Lee Jay

I know this was a long time ago, but just in case someone else has this problem.  It happened to me and what happened is that I still had LR 3 installed on my computer.  Instead of opening LR4, I opened LR3 and it had some photos missing.  When I went for my backups, of course they were too new, because they were created with LR4 and I was using 3.  Both were side by side and I didn't realize I had opened the wrong one.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points