I'm creating a table in robohelp html 9 and adding hyperlinks in the table cells. If the hyperlink is the first word in that cell robohelp is adding styling code to the link eg <td><a href="#" style="color: #0000ff; text-decoration: underline; ">test</a></td>.
If I add a link to the second word in a table cell the styling does not appear or even if I add a space before the link the code does not appear eg <td> <a href="#">test</a> </td>.
The code appears when I flick between design and HTML views but it does not make any difference in which view I create the link.
No matter how many times I delete this code is keeps coming back. Can anyone please help me? Is there some default that gives this the styling code?Does anyone else get this issue?
A table with the different examples is below. It was created in design view by clicking table>insert table>OK. Links added by clicking the insert hyperlink button.
<table style="border-collapse: separate; border-collapse: separate;" cellspacing="0"
<col style="width: 100%;" />
<td><a href="#" style="color: #0000ff; text-decoration: underline; ">test
that has the added code</a></td>
<td> <a href="#">test with space in front of link</a> </td>
<td><a href="#" style="color: #0000ff; text-decoration: underline; ">test</a></td>
<td>A <a href="#">test</a> </td>
Thanks in advanced
The current project is new (blank project) and I have tried this on various older projects and even different a PC. There is no CSS attached to the file.
I am just creating a new page, inserting a table, typing test in the table, highlighting the word test, clicking the insert a hyperlink button, putting a # as the link, click ok.
Now when I click HTML view it's fine but if I now click Design view and HTML view again the additional code has been added.
I had missed that you have to switch to HTML view a second time.
Seeing the same problem so you will need to file a bug report. Please follow this link.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
Thanks Peter, I have filled out a bug report so hopefully there will be a fix soon.
At least I know it's not just me.
The only fix I have for now is to not have the first word in a cell as a hyperlink.
What if you have a hidden word as the first word? My thought here is that you could work past it by configuring the first word as hidden. Then have the word with the hyperlink so it would have the appearance that the Hyperlink was the first word.
Helpful and Handy Links
I have the same problem with those stupid links in tables - I've been working on this for HOURS and HOURS...... Based on previous experience, I assumed it must only be me and an ill-formed stylesheet. The table/link issue just came to my attention because I am in the process of changing styles/formats to a new company standard (new link color) and thought I really screwed my CSS up as I was changing things!
My only workaround thusfar has been to rewrite some data in the tables so that text will precede the link (yes, I did). And where I just couldn't do that, I resigned myself to the problem and forced a different color on the links (changing the #0000ff). One plus was that RH didn't rewrite the color code once it was changed manually..... but then I realized later that I didn't consider the hover color when I did this, so I now have to go back and correct them.
So glad to find your post...........
I played with the idea of adding hidden text, but was worried that the problem was really a result of an issue with my CSS and doing that wasn't the proper way to fix it. So, without guilt, I took Rick's suggestion and added an invisible dot/period at the beginning of every link in a table, when that link is the first or only content in the td. Did the trick! Now the links assume my declared css style!
I submitted a bug report.......