• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

main.asc >auto save and flatten f4f after livepkgr unpublish and delete stream files

Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Has anyone or anyone attemped to have main.asc perform these instructions after a stream is unpublished?

2. Are their samples of code to perform these actions?

3. Am I missing a feature of DVR that already does this automatically?

After this routine NetStream.Stop()

f4f:liveevent - NetStream.Unpublish.Success

I would like to perform these tasks after successful unpublish

1. auto flatten f4f files of the particular stream with the f4vpp tool

a. move created files to a different folder for hds-vod streaming later

b. assign the flatten filename to streamname+timestamp

2. delete all associated files of the prevous unpublished stream

3. ready to publish again fresh

4. repeat

The reason I want to do this is to maintain a BaseURI that doesn't need changed and not to create a different live stream "liveevent?" id

Maybe I'm missing a feature, or am unaware of these featues together, or how to set the FMS server to do this.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Point 2, we introduced the config to do the same .. However we do this on application disconnect.

Here is how this is to be used..

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/devguide/WSd391de4d9c7bd609-52e437a812a3725dfa0-8000.2....

For Point 1, you can either write a sample script to do the same or write a sample app to connect to the livepkgr application and record the stream as mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nitin Goel wrote:

For Point 1, you can either write a sample script to do the same or write a sample app to connect to the livepkgr application and record the stream as mp4.

I've seen the sample code to have livepkgr main.asc write liveevent streams to mp4 and the necessary steps.  So when setting up the s2.variable to duplicate record to mp4, the mp4 file is ready to be streamed in the vod application reglardless if it's flattened or not with the f4vpp tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.. FMS don't need to flattened file. It understands what it created .. You just need to copy the content to VOD.

Even that can be avoided by either setting the virtual directory path to store the recorded files or by setting the content path for the HDS/HLS to location where your content is being recorded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the problem I'm trying to resolve is when you set the StreamID variable through the encoding application livestream?&adbe-live-event=liveevent where livestream? is the filename.f4v that will be created. I want to be able to start fresh after each start and stop of streaming. I don't want the livepkgr application to keep 'appending' the stream to the same file.

So you can see that when the 'broadcaster' stops the stream, I would like livepkgr application to automate the copying of the stream content to the VOD folder, and when a new stream is introduced with the same livestream? id, it's fresh and new for the process to repeat when the stream is stopped again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess in theory, or maybe I'm not aware of the option

Instead of segmentDuaration being specified by bytes or time, it could be specified when a stream is stoped and started?

So all fragments created by livepkgr would be segments of stopped and started streams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines