Skip navigation
andreagiovagnoli
Currently Being Moderated

questions about dps professional edition

Jul 30, 2012 11:35 AM

Hi, i'd like to make you some questions.

I'm developing a digital magazine for a client, and i have to realize a magazine whit a release every 3 months.
So i'd like to know if is it better for me a professional montly or annual edition.
What means , for the professional edition montly, 250 folio download a year? And that number consider every magazine release or just one? (i mean, 250 download for each magazine release 4 per year)

If i download the release as number 251 what will happen?

Another question, if i subscribe montly edition, the release number 3, will disappear after the month i paid for?

Thank you and sorry for bad english!!
Andrea

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 12:26 PM   in reply to andreagiovagnoli

Firstly the 250 downloads are provided to you every month with a validity of a month so in case you don’t use the 250 downloads in a given month then they will expire.

Secondly if you publish a built a Multi-folio App and then discontinue the subscription, the folios will not be visible inside the app as they are hosted at adobe servers.

Thirdly if you exceed the given number of downloads in a month there will be reminders sent to you and in case you do not purchase a folio bundle for additional downloads then the folios will soon be removed from the distribution server resulting in you app not getting any content.

If you go for annual Subscription to DPS you get the complete 5000 downloads and can purchase the additional bundles if and when required.

You might want to take a look inside the FAQ list here: http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/digital-publishing-suite-pro/faq.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 2:57 AM   in reply to andreagiovagnoli

With Single Edition, you do not pay download fees. Download fees apply only to multi-issue apps created by Pro and Enterprise customers.

Laxman

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 7:24 PM   in reply to andreagiovagnoli

Single Edition Apps are Built in Apps i.e. the folio is embedded inside the custom viewer App and the content is not hosted on Adobe Server, thus download fees does not apply to Single edition. There is no restriction at all on any number of downloads.

In Multi Folio Apps content is hosted on Adobe Distribution Server.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Aug 13, 2012 10:21 PM   in reply to andreagiovagnoli

For examples of Single Edition you can take a look at Adidas Outdoor, for Professional, take a look at Loop Magazine, Blades Magazine etc. The major diferrence you'll note is that With Professional Editions, the Apps have the capability to publish Multiple issues in an App, thus there is no need to resubmit the new App to Apple and get it approved, everytime you have a new issue release, with Single edition on the other end, each issue would be a built in app and everytime there is a new issue/release, would have to be submitted to Apple for review. Also with Professional Edition, you get an option to publish to Newstand, Android, Amazon, iPhone; while Single edition is currently available only for iPad.

Thus according to your priorities, decide the best one for yourself.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points