• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically minimizing the Table of Contents

Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I am sort of new to Adobe Captivate 5.5 and I have inserted a Table of Contents into my project so the users can navigate through the slides.

I have inserted the TOC as an overlay style but when I preview my project and select a different slide to navigate to, the new slide plays automatically in the back ground and my TOC blocks some of the information out (I link having the alpha set to 100% and not transparent).

Is it possible to adjust a setting so that as soon as a new slide is selected in the TOC it minimizes again?

Thanks for your help!

Natasha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not currently an available option in Cp 5.5, but it's not a bad suggestion.  So I would recommend that you log it as an enhancement request with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard

Thanks for your help, I have submitted an enhancement request to Adobe as per your advice, I don't suppose you know how I will know if the request is successful? I understand they don't normally reply....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct.  What they do is look at how many people wanted something like this (judging by how many asked for it with enhancement requests) to decide whether or not it would be a popular new feature.

It would be highly unusual for Adobe to make any promises about whether or not they will add your feature.

Even it they DID decide to add it, you'd probably be waiting until the next release (Cp7) to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natasha,

I have succcessfully applied this type of feature on my projects, with Cp4 and Cp5.5 respectively, and yet to test whether this will work also on the current version of Captivate.

With a combination of some Javascript codes + widget this is indeed doable.

I am not so tech-terms expert so kinda hard explaining things out. But I could definitely show you my sample.

BR

-Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel

Thanks very much for your advice! I can't say I am too familiar with using Javascript especially in Captivate but if you could show me your sample that would be great.

Or if you could send a brief explanation on how it can be achieved (I am also not good with tech terms) I would be very grateful!

Regards

Natasha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Natasha

Here is a demo I made to justify my claim that your query is achievable.

Regards,

-Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Miguel

That's perfect! exactly what I need, is it relatively easy to achieve?

If you could let me know how you have achieved it that would be great.

Regrards

Natasha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources