Skip navigation
clarkjeffreyd@hotmail.com
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Pro 5.5 Crashes When Exiting IDE

Jun 11, 2012 2:24 PM

Newer installation on Win 7 64-bit.  If I simply start Flash Pro, wait a minute, and then Exit, I receive an Windows error dialog "Adobe Flash CS5.5 has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..."  Nothing ever returns any information, including Debug.

Version 11.5.1.349

Event Viewer shows:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          6/11/2012 3:51:16 PM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      <FQ computername>

Description:

Faulting application name: Flash.exe, version: 11.5.1.349, time stamp: 0x4e5bcaea

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x745c4f0d

Faulting process id: 0x12ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd4813e9de84a3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Flash.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 2fa74946-b407-11e1-9ab6-f0def139320a

I'm assuming none of my files are getting corrupted upon exit...

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2012 9:27 PM   in reply to clarkjeffreyd@hotmail.com

Hi,

Apologize for the delayed response.

We have had several threads posted reporting the same issue and this is issue is being looked in to by the Flash Professional engineering team on high priority. Could you please try the following workaround to see if it helps resolve your issue?

Go to

C:\Users\«YourUserName»\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS6\en_US\Configuration

there is a fontinfo.txt file. Open this in notepad and delete everything in it and save it, but before starting Flash again, change the properties of that fontinfo.txt file to read only so Flash can't overwrite it again.  Seems to clear up the loading crash issue.

Thank you for your patience,

Suhas Yogin

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 7:14 AM   in reply to clarkjeffreyd@hotmail.com

Hello,

Yes, you should try the solution I suggested.

If that doesn't work, try recreating your preferences and see if that helps. Please let me know if the solutions worked for you.

Regards,
    Suhas Yogin

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 7:07 AM   in reply to clarkjeffreyd@hotmail.com

You can quickly check for a system error to rule that out. Make sure you're on an Administrator level account. Open your run dialog (Winkey + R) and type cmd and click ok. In the black DOS box type:

SFC /SCANNOW

Let the check complete and see if it found any corrupt or fishy files that it can fix for you.

Otherwise I've only seen that specific exception from 32bit apps running on a 64bit OS. And, well, Flash is 32bit and you're running Win7 64bit. However I'm running the same (CS5.5 on Win7 64bit) and do not have this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 4:32 AM   in reply to clarkjeffreyd@hotmail.com

No 64bit version and I highly doubt that's it anyhow.

Since this has been an issue for a good deal of time, any chance you can reinstall Flash and see if it still happens? Make sure you are administrator if so.

Also update your video card drivers if needed.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 3:12 PM   in reply to sinious

I'm having the same problem when exiting Flash CS5.5. I tried the 'fontinfo.txt' file steps but that didn't help.

What DID work was to shut down "TeamViewer" - Free version that let's me access by PC remotely - and try again. And with TeamViewer not running Flash CS5.5 exits normally. To verify, I started TeamViewer back up, and tried opening CS5.5 again, and now the error is back when I exit flash. Maybe Flash is trying to do some final communication before closing, and that doesn't work when certain kinds of programs are also running.

Maybe you've got something similar running?

I'm using CS5.5 on Windows 7 64bit.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 6:13 AM   in reply to greg.izzo

An alternative is the open source remote frame buffer protocol that started most of the freeware viewers, VNC. You can get a free personal edition here:

http://www.realvnc.com (Personal Edition, Windows Only, or Open Source for all platforms).

If you buy their premier version you enable things like file sharing and such. This is an ancient technology that's worked for me for half a decade or more and I still rely on it daily (Mac, PC and Linux compatible). TeamViewer is nice because you don't need an IP or to forward ports but you will need to do that with VNC. It's really only second to RDC.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to greg.izzo

I have had the same issues. I tested your theory and closed teamviewer. Flash CS5.5 closes just fine without teamviewer. The moment I restart teamviewer, Flash CS5.5 crashes on exit. Illustrator CS5.1 and CS6 also crashes on exit. Flash CS6 does not crash on exit.

Windows 7 64bit.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2012 7:00 AM   in reply to christiansen75

Found this today and it works for me.

"Open TeamViewer, go to Extras>options>Advanced>Show Advanced Options?>QuickConnect then click on Configure. In these options, please uncheck the box that states "Show QuickConnect button".

Then please restart TeamViewer and test the connection again."

Adobe should behave normally now.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points