Skip navigation
aarmstrong.ocarm
Currently Being Moderated

Help with importing multiple folders

Aug 8, 2012 6:51 AM

Hi,

I've just bought a new computer which has come with PE9 pre-installed. It looks like it could be a great program but ...

Two big problems. Firstly, I tried importing all my pictures from "My Pictures". All my pictures are neatly arranged into their various folders so I clicked on "My Pictures" and it imported all 2000+ photos straight away which was great. However, the big problem is that it has copied every picture individually i.e. it hasn't imported the 20 odd individual folders I had those files arranged in. So firstly, and most importantly, how do I import multiple folders at the same time or can't I? Do I need to remove everything and just copy each individual folder across one by one? Because that sounds like an awful lot of work! I'm assuming it should import multiple folders at the same time but, as usual, there's nothing I can find on the forums or the FAQs to answer the question.

Your help and advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Aug 8, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to aarmstrong.ocarm

In Organizer ckick the display button (near top right) and you can switch to folder location view.

You can expand the folder tree on the left hand side to view individual folders.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Aug 8, 2012 7:48 AM   in reply to aarmstrong.ocarm

Elements will simply mirror your hard drive making links to each image.

When using File >> Get Photos & Videos >> From Files & Folders

You can navigate to your system folders and then check the box to include all sub folders.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points