• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 10.1.3 crashes about every other time I launch it

Explorer ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launch Acrobat Pro 10.1.3 it crashes about half the time, and then I have to relaunch it. Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

I managed to fix this. I uninstalled Acrobat and then ran the Acrobat cleaner tool. Rebooted and then reinstalled. Seems to be fine now.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of questios for you:

• What OS are you running?
  • Did this recently start?
  • If so, what on your system have you changed?

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening ever since I upgraded to CS6. I'm running Mac OSX 10.7.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was Acrobat X installed as part of CS6 or was it installed prior to you upgrading?  As the issue is intermittent, have you seen any sort of pattern to it crashing?  Do you have any 3rd party plugins installed?  If you launch Acrobat without plugins (hold down the Shift key on launch), does it crash?

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem since upgrading to CS6.  All CS6 apps are installed and working fine with the exception of Acrobat Pro 10.1.4 which crashes seconds after launch, AAM then launches asking to accept the software license agreement, which relaunches AP, which crashes, which... ad infinitum.

Running Lion.  Latest versions of everything.  Unistalled CS3 then clean install of CS6.  Is there perhaps some residual system file buired in a sub-sub-sub-folder somewhere that's causing this?  Installed Reader as a work around but I really need to be able to use Pro for editing, etc..  Help, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happenning here. All of a sudden, 10.1.4 crashes immediately on quit. Uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, etc., etc., all to no avail. Acrobat 9 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Railhead,

On what OS are you experiencing this issue? Can you share across the crash dump via some file sharing server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi st@bxl,

Have you tried the solution mentioned by 818g here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1021670?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  This seems to have done the trick.  We'll see if it goes belly up again in 30 days.  For now, good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This is also happening to us. All software is latest version. Just started less than two weeks ago. Intalled all CS6 apps from Creative Cloud. No plugins for Acrobat.

Loads then crashes closed.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi R.,

Is Acrobat crashing for you each time you launch the application?  What OS are you running?

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.7.4 OSX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also had similar problems on both my Macs since upgrading from 10.1.2 to 10.1.3.  I had ZERO problems with 10.1.2.  

Symptoms:

- Acrobat crashes >50% when opening (by double-click) a pdf for the first time (especially if the pdf hasn't been opened in a long while)

- Acrobat crashes less when reopening (by double-click) pdf's that are frequently opened and closed.

- When starting the Acrobat application directly (not by double-click of pdf) it seldom crashes.

- After crashing, an Apple crash report dialog box opens.  I have attached some of the crash report below.

- Symptoms occur on both computers

- I do NOT have any other Adobe software applications such as CS6,etc. (I do have Adobe Flash installed)

Version: 

Adobe Acrobat Pro Version 10.1.3

Macs:

iMac 2007 (iMac7,1);  24";  2.8 MHz core 2 duo extreme

Mac OS 10.6.8

- All Apple software is up to date (as of June 1, 2012)

MacBook Air 2012; 13"; Intel i5

Mac OS X - Tiger

Crash report:

Process:         AdobeAcrobat [731]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Acrobat X Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeAcrobat

Identifier:      com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro

Version:         10.1.3 (10.1.3)

Code Type:       X86 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [96]

Date/Time:       2012-06-01 12:13:41.379 +0300

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)

Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          258898 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           5

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  110153 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   5

Anonymous UUID:                      7D78E080-D2CA-45BB-8E2C-66F381960269

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Anyone in this post, who is experiencing a crash, kindly list out the exact steps of operations you do with Acrobat before it crashes.

Also mention what other Adobe Creative Suite apps are installed on your machine and how were they installed.

And finally, whenever you experience the crash, kindly share via some file sharing server the crash log text that appears alongwith other related log files, namely

~/Users/<username>/Library/Logs/PDApp.log

/tmp/amt3.log

/tmp/oobelib.log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

X Pro shuts down by itself upon launching. Seemed like a common problem for Mac and PC but ignified resolutions. Any updates?

I am not able to uninstall Acrobat X Pro from uninstaller : Invalid Application it claims.

Installed CS6 (Design & Web Premium) on Mac OS X V10.6.8. Have CS2 on the same computer too but without any acrobat softwares.

Many feedbacks fr PC users but not on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar symptoms as numediaman:

- Acrobat crashes about 50% when opening a pdf via spotlight.

- When starting the Acrobat application via the Acrobat menu open command it seldom crashes.

- After crashing, an Apple crash report dialog box opens. See the crash report below.

- Which software is installed in CS5.5 can be seen form the log file.

As long as this issue is not solved, the system crash report, the amt3.log and the PDApp.log con be downloaded here:

http://www. auditeon.com/xyz/acrobat_crash.zip

(Remove the space between www. and auditeon)

Adobe Acrobat version:

MacBook Pro, version

MacBookPro8,2

i7@2.5Ghz, 8GB memory, Vertex3 sssd

Operating system version:

Mac OS X - Lion, 10.7.4 (11E53)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat has a 100% quit on launch rate for me.

It happens whether I double-click the app in the Applications folder, launch the app using "spotlight", open via a pdf file from the hard drive, etc. - Makes no difference. Everytime I open Acrobat, it lasts for approximately 6 seconds, then quits, bringing up the Application Manager, which also quits though I assume that is because it is just registering the crash with Adobe?

Installed via Creative Cloud along with PS, Ill, Ind CS6 (as well as the usual accompanying apps such as Bridge etc.)

Have re-installed just to make sure that the installation wasn't stuffed up somehow, but still get same result.

Log files: http://www.mediafire.com/?eiuw1n0ctwdlle5,5hvtniwllpvllop,zepmmh15dlrsr7w

System:

Model Identifier:          MacBookPro6,2

Processor Name:          Intel Core i5

Processor Speed:          2.4 GHz

Memory:          8 GB

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD 115 GB

I use PDF files all day every day and this is rather frustrating. I am having to use Preview which I am not a fan of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me too, Adobe Acrobat Pro always crashes when freshly launched. When relaunching it immediately (clicking through OSX's 'restore windows' window), it always launches fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike dwerf_dwerf, even "restoring windows" does not work for me…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 10.3.1 crashes 100% on start up on Mac OS 10.7.4. The open recent file window opens, and it will open a recent/previously opened file, but then promptlys crashes when anything is done (non responsive).

Acrobat was installed with Adobe CS5 5.5 Premium Education Package as download from Adobe Education store.

No other software was running at time of crash. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we are experiencing same issues ever since 10.1.3 upgrade. Acrobat crashes on 50% of launches or even more often. Back then I saw that it is a common problem and expected it to be solved rather quickly. But it never did!

What can we do to prevent crashing?

Acrobat Pro 10.1.3 on OS X 10.7.4

My log files: http://db.tt/g5ndA4jg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Symptoms:

- Acrobat crashes >50% when opening (by double-click) a pdf for the first time (especially if the pdf hasn't been opened in a long while)

- Acrobat crashes less when reopening (by double-click) pdf's that are frequently opened and closed.

- When starting the Acrobat application directly (not by double-click of pdf) it seldom crashes.

- After crashing, an Apple crash report dialog box opens.  I have attached some of the crash report below.

- Symptoms occur on both computers

- I do NOT have any other Adobe software applications such as CS6,etc. (I do have Adobe Flash installed)

Version: 

Macs:

iMac 2007 (iMac7,1);  24";  2.8 MHz core 2 duo extreme

Mac OS 10.6.8

- All Apple software is up to date (as of June 1, 2012)

MacBook Air 2012; 13"; Intel i5

Mac OS X - Tiger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem.  Acrobat works may 70% of the time.  When it doesn't it's usually just trying to open a PDF then it crashes.  I'll try again and sometimes on the second try it doesn't crash.  Sometimes it takes longer.

The weird thing is, I looked in the log files mentioned above and theres nothing in there about the crashes.

Also, this problem didn't start occuring until I installed CS6.  In fact, initially after install Acrobat wouldn't launch at all.  I uninstalled and reinstalled several times until once it would at launch and not crash.  Now that I think about it, why did the installer install Acrobat over what was already 10.x.x?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this happens to me when acrobat is NOT running, but not when it IS.

just now, it wasn't running. i double-clicked an attachment in mail.app. CRASH

and it crashes EVERY time. it's completely reporduceable.

but, if i launch acrobat and then double-click the attachment, it's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a month since any Adobe staff replied. Is there an update on the horizon? Maybe a work around?

I can not use Acrobat at all. In a business where I need Acrobat 70% of my day, this is ridiculous…

Can anyone suggest an alternative to Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines