Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Variable Widgets and Advanced Actions

Aug 6, 2012 5:28 AM

How do I create a quiz that includes a 'pass' certificate' at the end with the quiz taker's name printed on  it?  I cannot find a tutorial.  If there is no tutorial, can I call an Adobe number and pay for the instructions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 6, 2012 5:43 AM   in reply to RankinImagery

There is a certificate widget, go to Insert/widget/certificate. Then input the information you want in the widget. This widget automatically inputs a text entry box, for the user to input their name and then all you have to do is preview your quiz with the the certificate at the end.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 8:02 AM   in reply to AnitaHorsley

Hi there,

Just to add on Anita's answer, you can set the preference in Captivate, if user pass than jump to this slide which is your Certificate slide and fails jump to this slide.

Edit>Prefernces> Under Quiz >Pass or Fail.

Thanks

Priyank

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 2:23 PM   in reply to RankinImagery

The certificate widget is automatically generated. Just import it and then put in the properties you want. You don't need to put the testers name and ID number on the first slide, you can do that within the widget properties and then the widget generates it automatically. Import the widget then preview it, you will see. The only other solution is to create your own certificate, which I have done in the past. I will try to do a blog on it with a tutorial, but have several other projects going on now, so don't know of my time table.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 2:40 PM   in reply to RankinImagery

You can create your own certificate, using the values of system quizzing variables for the result of the quiz, eventually other system variables llike those that you can populate by defining the file properties. But somewhere you'll have to ask for the user name to populate a user variable. When do you plan to do that: at the start of the file instead of when the certificate widget is used?

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 8:22 AM   in reply to RankinImagery

The score slide, like the question slides is not allowing lot of customisation, that is why I talked about using Quizzing system variables to show the information you want.

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 9:13 AM   in reply to RankinImagery

Did you try the Print widget coming with CP?

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 9:53 AM   in reply to RankinImagery

Insert, Widgets and browse to Gallery\Widgets\ if necessary. Or open the Widgets workspace. I didn't ask which version you are using, but it is there since several versions.

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points