Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

AE CS6 bug: Can't use any shortcut that includes the C in it

Aug 8, 2012 8:28 AM

Tags: #after #effects #camera #bug #copy #cs6 #c #precomp

A while ago I started having some issues In Illustrator CS6, where I couldn't copy and paste from one document/application to another, the issue later ported itself to AE and not much after that anything including the C key stopped working. For example I can't copy, pre compose or create a camera using shortcuts.

After a lot of troubleshooting I was able to isolate a preference pane who was causing the Illustrator issue, I removed it and AI went back to normal, I assumed After Effects would be fixed too but unfortunately that's not the case, I still can't use the C key.

I ran Onyx thoroughly, trashed AE's prefs, removed some recently acquired scripts, removed some login items and trashed those prefs also (I read a thread that mentioned those items could be causing odd behaviors).

I carefully compared my setup against my laptop, which also has AE CS6 installed and working perfectly, I have the same scripts, the same preferences and the only login items not installed there are the ones that's are grayed out in my imac, so I can't delete them.

If someone can help with this I'll be very grateful, I'm wasting a lot of time trying to solve this thing and I'm very used to using said shortcuts to increase my workflow.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 8:39 AM   in reply to David Cabestany

Are you absolutely certain it's not a hardware issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to David Cabestany

You are aware that Default Folder deeply messes with some .conf/.plist files, are you? So rather than reinstalling Adobe apps, you may need to restore those files by repairing your OSX...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 11:40 AM   in reply to David Cabestany

I have never heard of this behavior before.  An isolated case on one computer is not a bug.  It's probably a conflict with some other program - Sounds like Mylenium is on the right track with Default Folder.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points