• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I post or add a PDF, DOC, MP3 or other file on my site for visitors to download?

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact approach can vary, depending on if you are hosting your site using Adobe Business Catalyst or another hosting provider. In either case, however, the steps would be something like this:

1. Use an FTP client to create a "documents" folder on your site.
  2. Upload the files you want to link to into this folder.
  3. Add links to these files in Muse using the full URL (i.e. http://mysite.com/documents/filename.....

The Preview Page/Site in Browser options in Muse should work fine. Clicking on a link to one of the documents will open it in the Browser. The built-in Preview feature in Muse will work for some document types and not others. It just depends what you're linking to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I followed these steps.  Looks like it works.  Except for anybody to view my pdf they need to enter my password of my ftp site??

did I miss something? After uploading I copied the url and pasted in muse. went to preview and when clicking on the button a pop up opens requesting a password.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using FileZilla & godaddy.

cheers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Is there a work around? I don't want to give out my ftp username and password to anyone.  HELP please!!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can either of you provide the web address of the file that is asking for the password?

Of course, you should not post the username and password here, just the link to the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don´t need to give your FTP login, just check if are you using the protocol HTTP before the URL.

You can put the downlond link in any object like a image for example.

You can check on your control panel on your host provider if this online folder has a password too.

Sorry about my english.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping to put a link on my site so that a click will allow a user to download a .pdf. And I want to put a little gif of the .pdf logo to use as the link anchor. But I followed the instructions and I get a "bad request" error. Any ideas to help?

the site is www.milibrodelasletras.com

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind, I fat-fingered the link. duh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I am using Business Catalyst? One of the reason that I went for business catalyst was to avoid having to do the FTP server business. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This feature is coming up in Muse 2.0 and is available for testing in Muse 2.0 Public Beta currently available. Please check out a demo video at http://tv.adobe.com/watch/muse-feature-tour/add-and-link-to-any-type-of-file/

You can also participate in Muse 2.0 Public Beta by following instructions at http://www.adobekb.com/participating_in_muse_beta.html

Cheers,

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines