Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Navigation Widget "Edit Together" Problems

Aug 7, 2012 10:17 AM

Admittedly, I am just now learning Muse so I do not know what I am doing. Here is my practice site:

http://burkeauto.businesscatalyst.com

Issue:

I created a MENU / HORIZONTAL widget, but the Edit Together feature stops working.

The menu horizontal widgets have three components that you click through to edit each level:

1. The whole nav bar
  2. The cell the text cell is in
  3. The text cell — and of course editing the text at this level.

It is that second click that I am talking about. To that cell I want to give a color. When I designate a color the color is not applied to the other cells in the nav menu at the same level. Edit Together is checked. So I ended up manually assigned a fill color for each link.

Now if I create a fresh horizontal widget the fill of the above mentioned level works. Why the original one does not fill I cannot figure out.

This has now happened a second time on new widget I just created:

The widget is designed using the "Manual" feature for the ABOUT sub pages ( http://burkeauto.businesscatalyst.com/about.html ). I am using "Manual" instead of the "All Pages" feature since I cannot get the look I want.

Two things are going on that I don't understand:

1. When you go to any sub page BUT HISTORY the active state is not correct. It should be black. This is the color I dictated through the HISTORY link using "Edit Together" feature. The other states worked fine, but not the active state.
  2. Now go to the HISTORY link. All the other menus on this level take on the active state color (black) even though you are on the HISTORY page.

My Computer:

MAC OS 10.7.4

2x3 GHz Dual-Core

11 GB MHz DDR2

I work off of a MAC server running 10.6.8

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2012 11:05 AM   in reply to kylenorthway

Hi,

As for the first widget, it sounds like maybe the menu item's state was in Active, and so editing the fill color didn't appear to have any effect on the rest of the menu items. When clicking into a menu item the state is set to Active, switching to the desired state then making changes should have the effects you want (correct me if this wasn't the case).

As for the site you've linked to, do you mind sending me the .muse file at muse-ts@adobe.com, along with a link to this thread? I think I'll be able to help you better after I examine the current state of the menus from within Muse.

If the file is too large for email you can use something like Adobe SendNow or SendThisFile.

Thanks,

Colby

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 1:39 PM   in reply to kylenorthway

Hi,

Looks like it didn't get through. Can you try sending it again? Be sure to include a link to this thread as well.

Thanks!

Colby

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points