Skip navigation
Harveydad4
Currently Being Moderated

Does Adobe read these forums and comments?

Aug 8, 2012 8:11 AM

For many years I was a Windows OS user, and I used Photoshop Elements 2.  It was a little difficult to learn, but once I got the hang of it I thought it was great: simple, bright, easy and well organized.  A few months ago I made the switch to Apple iMac Desktop, OSX Lion v. 10.7.  I used iPhoto, but I really missed PSE.  So I downloaded the trial version of PSE 10.  What a disappointment.......It is a very good program I suppose, for advanced photographers, but it is no longer simple.  The screens are too dark and there is too much crammed on to every screen in Organizer and Editor.  The fonts are too small and the font colors do not stand out against the dark backgrounds.  I wish Adobe had stuck with the white screens, large type and black fonts, but most of all I wish they had kept it simple like it was in earlier versions.  I was looking for simplicity and ease-of-use, and I got what could be called "Almost Photoshop Full". I uninstalled Elements and will have to use iPhoto.  I miss the days of KISS.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 8:17 AM   in reply to Harveydad4

The fixed UI has been a complaint for quiet some time now, so I'm sure Adobe must be aware. Interestingly Adobe have just introduced a choice of UI in the full version CS6 where it’s possible to choose light, dark and variations in between. So watch this space.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 3:34 PM   in reply to Harveydad4

Yes adobe does read the forums but they don't always comment on everything and they are quite aware of the complaints about the ui colors and such in photoshop elements.

Hopefully the ui problem will be addressed in photoshop elements 11 in such a way that satisfies both those who like the dark interface and those who want a lighter interface

similar to photoshop cs6 only better.

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/my_eyes_need_hel p_with_photoshop

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 5:58 PM   in reply to Harveydad4

Does Adobe read these forums and comments?

Short answer is NO.  All you get here are jobless losers given the title of MVP to buy their loyalty who will help you, or try to help you. It is up to you to act on this because there is no certainly anything is going to work.  They are jobless so you get the idea!!.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 6:10 PM   in reply to BarakObi

BarakObi,

I wish people wouldn't comment unless they know what there talking about.

You totally wrong on all your assumptions.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points