Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Fullscreen Lag?

Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Flash Player lags in fullscreen mode. I've updated everything, and turned off Hardware Acceleration. But it sill lags, and/or freezes. Is there something that I'm missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, it just started yestreday. I did everthing you just did and nothing has worked. I even cleared the flash player cache and my browser cache. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browsers and operating systems are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome, Windows Vista

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to add that Fullscreen works perfectly fine in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome. Windows XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to add that it also effects web games, like the ones on Facebook. It slows them down to the point where it freezes my computer compeletly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been having trouble. I do not know exactly when it began happening.

I'm currently running Chrome on Windows XP. The flash screen constantly jitters in sections, be it a game or video. The video doesn't lag on the smallest size, or enlarged, but lags to the point of being unwatchable/unplayable on fullscreen regardless of the quality. Games tend to get through a single loop before going to a black screen (Complete level one and begin to return to main menu, causing a black screen.)

I believe this began happening about a week ago.

Specs - 

Gateway
GM5091E Intel
Pentium D CPU 2.8GHz
2.99GB RAM
Nvidia GForce 9400 GT video card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timmeh77, can you check if your Nvidia GForce 9400 GT video card which is a PCI Expressx16 2.0 graphics card is being used on a PCI Expressx16 1.0  card slot because I checked your specs for your Gateway GM5091E PC online and it seems to have a PCI Expressx16 1.0 card slot on its motherboard? I ask this because I been having problems with choppy/laggy video playback since Flash Player versions 11.2 and higher with a PCI Expressx16 2.0 graphics card being used on a PCI Expressx16 1.0  card slot in my PC. Someone else also posted recently about playback problems and they also used a PCI Expressx16 2.0 graphics card  on a PCI Expressx16 1.0  card slot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bumping topic because fullscreen still not working in chrome, i've tried everything i could think of to fix this but nothing has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome was updated to version 21.0.1180.75m today. 

To update, please go to Chrome's tool menu and select "About Google Chrome".  Wait until the update has completed and then restart the browser.  You can verify that you are using the latest Flash Player for Chrome by going to the following URL and verifying that Flash is at 11.3.31.225.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the latest version of Chrome, and Flash Player, and it still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the update.  Could you please create a new bug here (if you haven't already): http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/entry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by a new bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the link provided and add in the steps/details of the problem you are having.  The Chrome team will take a look and investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks i'll try this right now and let you know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Chrome, and restarted the browers and played a video in Youtube on fullscreen. It's not as bad as it was yestreday but its still jittery, and the sound doesn't match with the video. What do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sammy1on1 - If this is only occuring in Chrome, I'd like to encourage you to open a bug report on the Chromium boards - http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/entry

@TylerDurden1234 - Thank you.  When adding your bug report,  please make sure you include a copy of your dxdiag report and a specific URL that causes the problem to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I am having the same problem and have tried all sorts of things to resove it including- disabling hardware acceleration, completely reinstalling the windows, installing K-lite codec, VLC player, checking for latest versions of Chrom and Flash player.

All of the flv video- streaming- are choppy and lagging. The audio and video never match. I am using-

DELL 510M

RAM 1.25GB

Processor: 1.7 Intel Pentium M

Chrome version: 21.0.1180.77

Flash version: 11.3.300.265

Video Card: Intel 82852/93966 Graphics Controller

I even tried playing videos in other Browsers (IE, Firefox) and all have the same problem- lagging and choppy-- It gets worse when I go for Full Screen.

As suggested in one of the earlier posts I also tried to disabling the built-in flash extention in Chrome and play with the installed Flash player but even that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Flash video plays fine until you try full screen mode, then it gets jittery and unstable on any website and in any browser I use. My system is completely up to date including all drivers and I am running the most recent version on Flash Player in all my browsers. This is happening in Windows XP SP3 using Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. I am an experienced user, builder and developer. So this isn't an issue that Google has to fix. It's an issue that you at Adobe have to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My focus was on Chrome, given that's what the original post was about.  If this is happening for you across all browsers, please see this FAQ for some simple troubleshooting steps and instructions on how to report this bug to us.

How do I troubleshoot and report problems with Flash Player Video?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[FIXED]

Hi guys!

For me, the solution was to deactivate chromes built in flash players and using the cross-browser flash instead. It is done in chrome://plugins, as explained in this video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDXLXaPitk8
If you do not have the cross browser flash player in the plug-in list, de-activate the built in players and download the latest flash player version at adobe. If the installation tells you that it has failed because there is allready a newer version installed, don't worry, the plug-in will show up anyways and fixes the problem. Atleast for moi Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you that worked perfectly for me. No more lagging and jittery video. I really appreciate your help. A big hug and a kiss from me to you. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually did help me with the video stutter. Now I can actually watch things in fullscreen again. I still have an issue with playing flash games though. They still lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple way to fix lags in fullscreen mode:

Step 1(mandatory):

Remove Adobe Flash Player.

Step 2(optional, might be not there at all):

Delete C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash****

Step 3(optional, might be not there at all):

Delete C:\Windows\macromedia\*

Step 4:

Install using http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_11.3.300.268_archive.zip

Step 5:

Enjoy bug-less version that actually works full-screen with 0 lag.

Oh and 11.4 Flash version crashes, seemingly because of memory leaks, once every 2 hours your browser is open on Firefox 13.0 - 15.0, WIndows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines