Skip navigation
Canonman111
Currently Being Moderated

Need to Distribute a fillable Form with a incrementing Control#

Aug 8, 2012 1:37 PM

Tags: #field #forms #form #pdf_forms #acrobat-form #acrobat_forms #fillable #acrobat-pro #calculations #acrobat_10_pro

I have a Work Order form for reporting problems and on this form is a control# that needs to increment everytime it is opened. I can get this to work with a script but it needs to save the form in order to increment the next time it is opened. How can I distribute this form thru Acrobat and use the Tracking utility to capture all the incoming requests?? I can get everything to work and track my only issue is handling the Work Order# to increment somehow using this method?

This must be done somewhere with docs with control#'s??

Form:

Form.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 4:10 PM   in reply to Canonman111

Is it possible to increment it on use of the submit button. If you are submitting from a single computer could you save and write to a .txt file that would store the current number and could be done automatically from within the script and gives you the ability to edit the .txt if needed.

I would like to do something similar, good luck.

Ian

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 14, 2012 1:10 PM   in reply to I_J_G

This form needs to be accessed from Multiple computers on the network. So does that mean this can not get done?? I appears not doable at this time...

Tim

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points