Skip navigation
Cmdr.Shepard
Currently Being Moderated

Consistent Issue for me

Aug 8, 2012 2:38 PM

Tags: #problems #premiere_elements_9 #elements_9 #hours #estimated_time #5_seconds #5_secs

So I started pulling together a video with a mix of 1080i HD 30fps and 720 HD 30fps recorded files. I edited them through PE9 and it is ready for export. The file itself is nearly 10 hours long so a long estimated time of completion, which is ok for me. it shows 8hours. However, in the past the last 5 seconds of the estimated time would never fade, thus freezing the program and keeping the video from being finished. I would usually "fix"( i know its far from a solution, but somehow it worked) this problem by opening the task manager and force closng the program. Somehow, the video would end up published without errors. Though occassionally there would be minor issues with sound, or lost video. In the past this was fine because the videos were for personal use. I would like this newest video to be perfect though. Since, I spent nearly 7 hours editing it.

Any help, advice, or tips is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Ill check back about every 20 minutes before 10pm mountain time

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 3:10 PM   in reply to Cmdr.Shepard

These questions below may be for a different product... but the information you need to supply is the same, for the products you use

More information needed for someone to help... click these links and provide the requested information

-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 6:35 PM   in reply to Cmdr.Shepard

With a 10 hour timeline, even if you have a monster computer, with plenty of HDD space, I would start the Share/Export in the evening, and let it go, without any other programs, or processes running.

Especially when handling H.264 material, it is very CPU intensive, and other programs and processes WILL take CPU cycles, during the processing.

Also, PrE does not do that well, when mixing formats in one Project. PrPro CS 6, with CUDA/MPE processing does a much better job with mixed Source Files.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points