Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Arcobat.com shows a manatory Update

Aug 8, 2012 7:23 PM

Arcobat.com prompts a manatory update must be installed...shows my installed version 2.0.0.0, Update version 2.3.0.0......when I click Download Now I get "There was an error downloading the update. Error #16820"  Your only choice is to click NO and the program closes.

I have tried to perform the Update in Safe Mode with Networking and get the same results.  How do I get past this error message and update Acrobat.com? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 8:17 PM   in reply to denmarfl

I do not get this message when I go to and sign-in at acrobat.com

I also don't know what that version 2.0.0.0 / 2.3.0.0 is - could it be Adobe AIR?

What is your operating system?  Can you check if you have Adobe AIR installed, and if so, what version?

You can get the latest AIR version (3.3) at http://get.adobe.com/air/

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to denmarfl

I assume you're talking about the Acrobat.com desktop application, which has been discontinued. Uninstall it and use the browser interface.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 8:12 AM   in reply to denmarfl

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 8:23 AM   in reply to denmarfl

If you have "Acrobat.com" as an entry on your programs list then it's the AIR app, which is now dead. It will be separate from Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

You can remove the AIR app using the Windows control panel > Add and remove programs.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 6:01 PM   in reply to denmarfl

In your Programs & Features, right-click on Acrobat.com, then select Uninstall.

If you want to use any Acrobat.com features, use the online services at http://www.acrobat.com/ (or use these services from Adobe Reader Tools).

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to denmarfl

Perhaps it came with the PC.

Air didn't exacly make Acrobat.com obsolete. In fact Acrobat.com is still going strong and many people are using it. But they just visit http://acrobat.com rather than using the application you still have.

It was Air which made this possible, but it isn't the same sort of thing at all.  (More like a road, where Acrobat.com is a car).

Anyway, you can follow the advice to uninstall it, or ignore the advice and leave it be. You can't use it, but if you want the features of the program, visit the web site above.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 6:31 PM   in reply to denmarfl

I think the Acrobat.com application was bundled with an older Reader version, maybe 7?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points