May be a long shot reporting this issue here but maybe someone has an idea.
I'm using Snap Empower v 1.0 and trying to insert a .SWF published from Snap into Captivate 5.
The weird thing is, all text contained in the SWF does not appear in Captivate when I publish the Captivate project. Images display and buttons work, etc. Doesn't seem to be a font issue.
The SWF plays fine using the Flash player and when the Captivate page is previewed.
I don't know if this is the problem, but we use Snap by Lectora (not Empower). The last time I tried to import something from Snap to Cp, I received a warning that the Snap swf was AS2 and Cp5/5.5 uses AS3.
I poked around in Snap but didn't see a place to set AS2 or AS3. I'm not sure how you could check to see if your empower swf is as2 or as3, other than maybe opening it in adobe flash.
hope that helps.
Thanks. I did not receive such an alert from Captivate. Plus, Trivantis states that Flash imported into Snap should be AS3. So I don't think that's the issue.
Good try, though.
I found one other developer with the same issue from a couple years ago. No confirmed solution. Weird stuff.
Flypaper (snap) support confirms this is a problem: Snap fonts do not render in Captivate. They have no fix. Obviously it would be great if Adobe would work with them to understand the problem.
I am still mystified by the lack of reporting regarding this issue if it is a known defect.
In addition to solving the text problem with Snap Empower SWFs, the superb Leichliter web widget also allows you to run AS2 SWFs generated from Articulate Engage '09.
I think Captivate could be a bit more forgiving in how it loads SWFs.
But Leichliter has supplied the forgiveness! I love software that works with me, as opposed to against me!
Get this fine widget at:
Europe, Middle East and Africa