• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't start local ColdFusion instances

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created two instances within the Instance Manager in the CF Admin. One on port 8501 and one on port 8502. Both were working awesome for about a month. Then, all of a sudden I started to have problems.

It started with not being able to access my web root for these instances. Then, I started having trouble starting/stoping/restarting each server instance. When I try to access my index file in my webroot I get a "Unable to Connect" message.

Ive done 2 seperate uninstall-reinstalls to try and make sure it wasn't a corrupt config file or soemthing...but every time the same errors occure. Restarting the system is of no help either.

Help!

Running

-----------------------------

ColdFusion 10

MS/SQL Server 2012

ColdFusion Builder 2

Laptop

----------------------

Lenovo T410

8GB RAM

80GB HD

Intel i%

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked in your CF log files?  They usually explain what's going on pretty clearly.

It does sound to me, though, like you might have something else listening on those ports, or a firewall is messing with them or something.  Have you checked that?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, ill try to determine if CF is compeeting for port 8501. What log file would I check to determine why the server isn't responding? I've tried to dig through a couple files but didn't find anyhting of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another useful bit of information. I was able to start all of my instances from Windows services. However, CF still isnt serving any pages for my instances. The only one that works is the base installation on port 8500. I'm still able to navigate to the CFAdmin on the main instance.

From there I was able to see from the instance manager that my instances were showing that they were stopped. This is a conflict between what the Windows service is telling me. According to the Windows services panel, they are listed as started. I tried to start them from the CF Admin instance manager, but nothing happened. (See Screenshot)

CFProblem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What log file would I check to determine why the server isn't responding?

CF logs are in [CF dir]\cfusion\logs.  There's also a log dir at [CF dir]\cfusion\jetty\logs, but those might just before the admin server connector (for stuff like CFB integration and RDS, I think, but am never sure).

I clear my log files on CF start-up (this is just a dev machine, so I don't need or want the old clutter), and I've just started up so cannot poke around in me own logs to check for you, sorry.

You'll need to use something like netstat to see what's listening on your TCP ports.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation