hello, we're looking to use acrobat x to create forms to send to customers and also create a form that is integrated with quickbooks.
1. For drop down boxes, can the values for those fields be dynamically extracted from another database (e.g. quickbooks file or website database), or do they need to be manually entered into the form?
2. Can form fields auto-populate based on the values in other fields? E.g. user selects customer name from name field and the address field auto-populates to address for that customer
3, Can a user save an incomplete form to return and complete later?
4.when a user submits the form, technically how is the data transferred? How does this differ to a user emailing a completed form?
5. How can the data from forms completed by users be exproted to other databases (e.g. quickbooks or website database)?
7. can you recommend any resources where to find adobe developers who work on a project basis?
4. Although emailing is possible for testing it isn't really a serious option for commercial use. Instead, forms are submitted in just the same way as HTML forms: sent to a web script (PHP, ASP, CGI...) running on your web server, which then does everything required, such as accessing databases. There are a choice of formats for submitting the data.
Key point to consider: there are two types of Acrobat form (XFA, made with LiveCycle Designer, and Acroform, made with Acrobat). These work in utterly different ways so every question needs to be prefixed by what sort of form it is.