• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone point me in the right direction of how to do this?

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to put on one of my pages a map of Australia, where each state is a clickable link. Basically it will say something along the lines of Choose your state, then have a map of Aust. When you click on each state it will take you to a page for each state. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

quickest way would be to create the map of Australia as a graphic, then use Dreamweaver  and add maps with links to the different state pages on top of it.

Nicole - BCGurus.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Expanding on what Nicole said -- what you want is probably an imagemap. This is basically an image (of Australia in this case) and a set of html tags defining areas on that image as coordinates, and a link can be assigned to each area: http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/imagemap.shtml You can also add javascript events to the map if you want. For SEO purposes I think you will also need to add regular links to everything linked to in the imagemap somewhere, and be sure to use alt tags (which do work in the area tags.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines