Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Easy way to center content in a fluid grid div?

Aug 8, 2012 1:15 PM

I've got some images in a fluid grid that work fine in the smaller sizes - they fit perfectly. But in the 'desktop' view, they are much too small and I'd like to just center them in the div.

I've read - or seen a tutorial - or heard in my sleep, I really don't remember where... but you're not supposed to mess with margains in the fluid grid page. Since I'd normally use auto to do that... is there an easy way to center the content in the column?

Yes, I'm new, but at least I try 100 ways first before I ask every question!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 9:09 PM   in reply to FatBoyAl

FatBoyAl wrote:

I've got some images in a fluid grid that work fine in the smaller sizes - they fit perfectly. But in the 'desktop' view, they are much too small and I'd like to just center them in the div.

I've read - or seen a tutorial - or heard in my sleep, I really don't remember where... but you're not supposed to mess with margains in the fluid grid page. Since I'd normally use auto to do that... is there an easy way to center the content in the column?

Yes, I'm new, but at least I try 100 ways first before I ask every question!!

If you post a link to your test page then you are likely to get quicker response here.  People need to see your page structure to give you a suggestion.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

Just use the tag <  align="middle"> for the img. hopes that help you.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 1:26 PM   in reply to FatBoyAl

FatBoyAl wrote:

Thanks but I don't have the page up as yet. If I were to include code sections - could I just copy/paste the relevant pieces from css and html?

OK  no problem.  Can you post the code here (both HTML and CSS) so that we can create the page on our system and then give you the solution.  To post the code use Advanced Editor

2012-08-09_2121.png

When you click the Advance Editor button, your screen will look liook like this:

2012-08-09_2123.png

Click on the arrows and you will be able to post the code here.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points