Skip navigation
hhackney@triaxpartners.co
Currently Being Moderated

D800E and LR3 - No Images

Aug 8, 2012 7:08 AM

Why will LR3 not display the raw images from my new D800E?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to hhackney@triaxpartners.co

You need to upgrade to LR4. It's well worth it for all the improvements, too.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 5:48 PM   in reply to martin-s

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 10:51 PM   in reply to Brett N

Given the number of similar threads, can we safely say that the FAQ isn't nearly visible enough on this forum?

And while I'm at it: the search function would be used far more if it wasn't titled "What can we help you with?" That does not suggest a search engine.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 8:15 AM   in reply to Keith_Reeder

The FAQ is new, so it may take a little bit for it to catch on.

What does "What can we help you with?" suggest?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to Brett N

Well I've been quoting links from the FAQ for a fair while now, Brett - long before I joined this forum, as a matter of fact. Some of the posts therein are five years old, and obviously written as FAQs.

As to the search engine, It invites you (as indeed does the line directly above it) to ask a question - not to enter a search criterion. Whether or not the end result is the same, the default everywhere else that I've seen is to use the unambiguous word "search" somewhere: frankly, the current implementation here looks like nothing more or less than an invitation to start a new forum thread. It's not at all obvious that there's a search dialogue in there...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 11:48 AM   in reply to Keith_Reeder

I don't mean the idea of the FAQ or the page listing them, I meant this specific Camera Raw FAQ to which I posted a link.

And we hope that people will ask a question, that they will use natural language and not get hung up with whether they are being technical enough with search terms. Returned search results should be the same whether they are "asking a question" or "enter search criterion". The real question then is, are people avoiding the "search/ask a question" box (if there really is a difference, or is just semantics?) beause they don't think it can be used in the quest for an answer? Are they just skipping ahead to the create a new post link because they think the "ask a question" box would just be doing the same thing? I don't know. I suppose that question should be posed to our users directly... I'll create a poll on that.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 12:11 PM   in reply to Brett N

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers