Skip navigation
pcaporalli
Currently Being Moderated

Can't apply my 3rd party filters anymore in Photoshop CS5 after installing a twain driver

Aug 9, 2012 11:04 AM

Tags: #problem #plugin #filter #twain

I installed a twain driver (i now realize this was a mistake) in my CS5 for the purpose of scanning within it.  Since doing so, I can no longer apply my topaz filters (or any 3rd party filters for that matter).  The filter interface opens fine, and i can see the filter on my image, however, when I click out of it, nothing is applied to my image.  Help?!?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 9, 2012 11:16 AM   in reply to pcaporalli

What operating system?  I seem to recall advice not to use Twain drivers on a 64 bit system. Have you tried to deinstall the driver?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 12:01 PM   in reply to pcaporalli

pcaporalli wrote:

I've got snow leopard.  I'm not very technical.  I did research uninstalling the driver, however, havn't found anything yet.  Do you know how I would go about doing so?

Not a Mac user myself, but there are many here who can help out.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 12:13 PM   in reply to pcaporalli

For a very quick fix, try removing the Adobe TWAIN plug-in or at least disabling it by closing Photoshop and  typing a ~ (that's a tilde ~) in front of its name, then relaunch Photoshop.

That's why Adobe doesn't even include the now-optional TWAIN plug-in as part of the default installation of Photoshop any more.

Trnsprnt_Apple_in_circle.png Mac user

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points