Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Media Browser Problem

Aug 8, 2012 5:15 PM

When using the Media Browser in Premiere Pro to view files in a folder that contains many files (100+), the browser keeps jumping back to the beginning after viewing a few of dozen files.  I then have to scroll back down to the last place I was and then I can continue a little further before the browser jumps back to the beginning again.   The files do not open instantly -- there is a finite time where the message "processing ..." is displayed.  I gave up before getting to the end.   I doubt that I have an under-resourced computer since it is a i7-3770K with 32GB RAM and a GTX670 card.  Is there a limit to the number of files that can be viewed in the Media Browser?  Any suggestions?

Thanks

P.S.  Just did a search on the problem and I see that it is a well known issue.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 5:16 PM   in reply to LancFM104

Lance, you are experiening an known bug. Please see this post for more info:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4472970#4472970

The workaround is to let all the thumbs generate before scrolling. (cumbersome, I know)

Please add your feedback along into the post mentioned above and you can also file a new bug instance for it at:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 6:39 PM   in reply to jstrawn
    The workaround is to let all the thumbs generate before scrolling. (cumbersome, I know)

Even that isn't working reliably.  Damn thing just will NOT stop skipping back to the beginning again.  This makes the Media Browser useless in Icon view.  I've had to change it to List view and use Bridge to see the clips, which rather defeats the purpose of the Media Browser entirely.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 6:17 PM   in reply to LancFM104

A year later and this issue still seems to be present in Premiere Pro CC. Any word on a solution?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2014 8:45 PM   in reply to LancFM104

Not good, still happening

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers