1)The files are raw NEF's from a Nikon D300
2)error message is "Adobe Photoshop Elements (editor) has encounterd a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvienience."
3) error signature:
AppName, photoshopeditor.exe appver 184.108.40.206, ModeName ntdll.dll, ModVer 5.1.2600.6055, Offset: 00019af2
4) I have an open Nef file minimized below and select another Nef file, it comes on the editor screen, I then select "open file" , then the above message comes on the screen, and after "reporting error", Editor crashes and blows me out of Photoshop completely.
5) no other software is running, I have even shut down my virus software
6) XP pro 3GB ram
7)420GB free space on C HDD
8) yes it did work fine months ago, but I took a break from Photography(3-4 months), with no changes to photoshop.
9) I did recently update the raw files, but as a note, this is happening with JPG's as well.
6) I have tried uninstalling Elements and reinstalling, with no change
Thank you for your efforts
Thanks for the info.
Although this document refers to Acrobat, see if it's suggestions help:
Other solutions reported here were to
Thank you for your input, I changed the default printer to my Z3100 from a laser and reduced the memory allocation in editor a bit, and that resolved my issue. Now I can have numerous files open in editor!!!
I owe you one. Thank you, Thank you.
Europe, Middle East and Africa