Skip navigation
LZecca77
Currently Being Moderated

Why is Photoshop 10 making pics bigger when resizing to smaller dims

Aug 9, 2012 6:28 PM

I'm resizing some photos that are approx 2000 x 2000.  I am bringing them into Photoshop Elements 10, editing photos, process multiple files, resizing to 1000 x 750 (72 dpi).

Photoshop keeps resizing them to approx 30,000 x 30,000.  What is this?  The photoshop organizer can't even open this?  Any ideas on what is happening????

This has never happened before and I've resized hundreds of pics.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 9, 2012 6:55 PM   in reply to LZecca77

Might be a better question for the Photoshop Elements forum.

But my first question would be what are the exact steps you're using to resize your photos?

If you're using the Image Size panel, you have have the Resample box checked?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 9:46 PM   in reply to LZecca77

I'm moving this thread to the Photoshop Elements Forum, where you will likely get better answers.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 9:57 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill,

There is another question similar to this at this link:

<http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1047355?tstart=0>

So this is just a duplicate so you need to decide whether to keep this or not.  We should avoid duplications and confusions with such duplications.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 6:19 PM   in reply to LZecca77

Is there anyway you could post one of your photos here for me to try it on my machine?  I need just one and I can duplicate it to create 5 out of it to try properly.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 8:27 PM   in reply to LZecca77

I can't explain why you're getting those results.  I tested PSE10's Process Multiple Files on 73 assorted images and they all came out to 1000px x 750px at 72ppi with these settings:

proc mult files settings.png

As usual, when PSE starts acting goofy, the first thing to try is resetting the Preferences:  Hold down your Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys when starting the Editor to get the prompt asking if you want to delete the Preferences.  Answer "Yes" and they will be re-built.  You may have to minimize any open windows to see that prompt.

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points