Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to reinstall Flash Player everytime I start the computer

Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened two days ago only, flash player fails to run when brwsing internet content. I use IE 9, I didn't install any new program, the same anti-virus/security setup since 1 year. I re-installed Windows 7, but the problem persists.

I also tried all the recommendations in other discussio, but nothing worked. Evedrytime, I need to uninstall, and then reinstall Flash.

Any final remedy for this ordeal?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

It sounds like you might be running into a permissions issue.  Could you please try running through the steps listed in this FAQ:

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify what you mean by "fails to run"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a message/box "You don't have flash. Click here to load flash" or " you may need to upgrade your version of Flash". When I try to upgrade or reinstall, installation fails "Newer version already installed". I must uninstall first in order to have successful installation.

I have to repeat this after the computer is ON from a shut-down, logout, or Sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time after you restart your computer, can you check if Shockwave Flash is still enabled?  (See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have

Name: Shockwave Flash Object

Publisher: Not Available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you might be running into a permissions issue.  Could you please try running through the steps listed in this FAQ:

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris, it resolved it; I restarted it more than 5 times.

I appreciate if Adobe, or Microsoft, come up with a patch/update to resolve this for all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update.  We're working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines